front diff lock in salisbury plain

SimonD

I am in australia
Mar 15, 2010
Sydney
Oh dear. Picked up truck front a front axle strip and thought would try the front diff on salisbury plain. Front diff locked on and no matter how many figure 8s and reversing, I can't disengage the front diff. Was close to tilshead so limped into town and parked at murco. Any suggestions what to do next greatly appreciated. Caught short without tools as was just trying out one way home - doh! Breakdown cover is only onroad and explaining a front diff on salisbury plain may be tricky. Least we have the kit to camp if necessary.

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Simon, do you have a Jack and a wheel brace with you. Maybe jacking up one front wheel off the ground and using the wheel brace to turn the wheel back and forward to try to get the actuator to release?

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
SimonD said:
Breakdown cover is only onroad and explaining a front diff on salisbury plain may be tricky.
I often engage the CD while driving in traffic just to make sure it still locks / unlocks. Handbook says so. Is breakdown cover only on-road but not near Salisbury plain. Tell them you were at Stone Henge?

SimonD

I am in australia
Mar 15, 2010
Sydney
Thanks all. We are going to limp back to campsite carefully and sort tomorrow when we can see. Campsite is grassy too......thx thommo really apprecite it but on a late sunday it isn't worth troubling you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks