front halfshaft

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
will a halfshaft from any 80 fit my 97 24 valve HDJ80? including the early ones with smaller brakes and imports?

pugwash

I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
N Hampshire
front or rear?

rear depends on whether its fully floating or not. front imports with larger brakes are fine, not sure about smaller.

CV joints changed in about 94- you need different drive flanges!

Andrew Prince

Feb 23, 2010
Joburg, sunny South Africa
You checked part numbers on ToyoDIY, Rob? See what the half shaft number for say a '91 Jap model is versus yours.
I would think they'd be the same but I'm sure you'd like more certainty than that ;)

Cheers,

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Sorry forgot to mention, its for front.

Will check on toyodiy but different part numbers don't necessarily mean different parts.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

pugwash

I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
N Hampshire
reasonably you'd expect them all to be the same- the diffs and axle casings are definitely interchangeable (gearing excepted), so lengths and splines are hte only limiting factor. Whilst Yota certainly copied LR in some respects they certainly didn't copy Lrs desperation in changing the transmission- Classic Rangerovers have at least 4 different axles!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks