Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

front passenger sound

Sid

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi cant figure this sound out, comes from the front passenger side on deacceleration. its not the differential, the transmission and transfer box seem fine so I'm thinking must be a bush. its not a whinning sound or grinding, its like excessive wind turbulence. any ideas guys. the front control arms have been recently replaced. so im thinking its either a bush on the shockers or the bearings on the turbo. comments.

mate this is tricky to diagnose but how about wheel bearings ? other than that the backing plate might be touching the brake disc but braking usually stops this noise .

Hoping its the wheel hub bearings that have gone or started to go. Under load no sound - when you start to slow down you can hear.

Hi
Need some help removing some brake Calipers. any suggestions on how to remove seized nut, have some open hydraulic spanners but they will slip if i put any more torque. Penetration oil doesn't help.

Rattle gun and 6 sided impact sockets, the caliper carrier bolts on my Forester were really tight yesterday and that was after several days of soaking with Plus Gas, impact gun tends to shake them out where brute force more inclined to snap them clean off.
Go one treat yourself to a rattle gun, you know you want to.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would start with this link. Fairly common on the 120's and it's a quick and easy fix

Did it start before or after the proposed skinny/fat tyre combo? <Just ribbing... ;-) >

Lol before, for the wheels looking at 305/50/20 all round

Rattle gun and 6 sided impact sockets, the caliper carrier bolts on my Forester were really tight yesterday and that was after several days of soaking with Plus Gas, impact gun tends to shake them out where brute force more inclined to snap them clean off.
Go one treat yourself to a rattle gun, you know you want to.
[/QUOTE]
they are nice

Ran 305/75/16 on the 80 for a while - didn't handle well - dropped to 285/75/16 and it was much better behaved. 285 is still a wide tyre by most standards.

305/50/20 would give us 18mm height - very tempting

Back