Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front seat change

mettisse

Supporter
My original front seats are past their best, I've had posh canvass seat covers, very expensive but they ain't really cut the mustard although they looked very nice when new. A good pal of mine was scrapping his Volvo V70 and asked if I needed anything from it. So I inherited the fron leather seats. I have been a fan of Volvos ever since we had a 245 GLE back in the 80 s, the only car interior the kids couldn't wreck. Great experience with the car, so in the chairs went, they had to be raised 20mm and I asked for 30mm further back, I'm very happy with the result. TBH I would prefer a refurbished original set set up and back a bit, but at this price these will run a close second. Whaddayathink? image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 335
Last edited:
They do look good, when i had my drivers seat re upholstered i manage to shoehorn in a seat from a Ford Scorpio for a week, very comfy & lovely soft leather.

Recently did a project on a Volvo XC90 and I was so impressed with the drive and how comfortable the seats were. Volvo do make great seats!

I'd be interested to know what else was involved....I have several V70's (and I think my ex plod one has the comfiest seats I've ever had in a car) and have been toying with fitting some V70 seats into the cruiser.

Nice, never seen Volvo 'V' series in cloth, I try not to 'do leather' if I can help it.

regards

Dave

Nice, never seen Volvo 'V' series in cloth, I try not to 'do leather' if I can help it.

regards

Dave

Base spec S models had cloth, especially pre facelift (2000-2004). Later SE's I think mostly had leather apart from police/ambulance etc spec models.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Metisse,

how are you happy with the head rests? Read in one thread that people were a bit annoyed about the forward tilt.
We had a VOLVO V70 when I was younger but too long to remember whether I liked the seats or not :)

Cheers,

Red

Hi Metisse,

how are you happy with the head rests? Read in one thread that people were a bit annoyed about the forward tilt.
We had a VOLVO V70 when I was younger but too long to remember whether I liked the seats or not :)

Cheers,
Slow reply, sorry, neither here nor there about the headrests, they are ok for me and the wife, like the raised bit and back a bit tho' more legroom in the front, we have no rear seats most of the time, makes for a roomy feel, not really informative eh? But pleased with the result, but as mentioned would prefer original seats moved to as they are now. We have some Toyota MR2 seats in a discovery, they are nice! If you can find em, Best regards , Bill Westley

Mettise,

These seats look great! How did the install go? What exactly did you have to do? Drill new holes in the seat rail? Weld?? Please advise.

Also, what are the chances the back seat would work? Probably slim to none...... I'm looking to R/R the OEM cloth seats to leather and would like to upgrade. Thanks!

~Rookie

The chap that fitted them fabricated a frame under the Volvo slide mechanism. Bit Heath Robinson but it works well and a can of grey Matt finish paint sort of camouflages the frame to look " normal" He used 25x 3mm mild steel strip and what looks like30mm square tube, it fits on original fixings, it really is not fancy, but it works, very firm fixing, does not flex or move, very solid. The chap that did it took a day, but he is a very proficient fabricator / welder. I don't know if I mentioned but my preferred choice would be Recaro seats as used to be fitted in the Lotus / Vauxhall ( GM) Carlton saloon, I have a set in my Off/ Roader, so maybe a cruise around the car dismantlers might reveal a good replacement pair of seats. Best Regards, Bill Westley

Last edited:
Back