Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front to rear brake pipes.

BlackWidow

Garage
Well the 120 failed MOT today and garage not letting me have it back unsafe to drive. Brake pipe leaking apparently and he is telling me has to drop tank to fix. Now i have not gone under there looking at brake pipes but aren’t the pipes routed the same as a 95 down the chassis over the axle to the load sensing valve?

I am not sure about the 120, but has it got Air-con to the rear of the vehicle? if so its more likely to be the aircon pipes

Not sure. It’s an LC4 but I am sure the brake pipes don’t go over the fuel tank and the tester has mistaken fuel lines for brake lines. I know still MOT fail but I guess not a bad leak as no puddles on the drive of either liquid.

Just had a quick look and it looks to me like the brake lines disappear over the top of the tank - will have a better look in the light tomorrow, if nobody else can answer in the meantime.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just had a look as I was under there anyway. The brake pipes disappear up the side of the fuel tank but then emerge on the top of the side rail and go to the top of the back axle. So they dont go over the tank itself. I dont think you'd have to drop the tank.

You can always get the vehicle transported elswhere if the garage its at quote some ridiculous figure due to removing the fuel tank unecessarily.

Agree Juddìan. Although they they are empowered to hold a vehicle if they think it's in dangerous condition in their opinion, that, as far as I am aware is for driving away it away.
There is nothing they can do if you transport/trailer it away as Jud says, otherwise they have the monopoly to charge you as much as they like, because your vehicle is 'trapped' there.

Back