Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front towing line crane remote controller

Kyle64

Hello gentlemen,

I have a 1993 land cruiser 80 series (XW80) as in the link

https://www.beforward.jp/toyota/land-cruiser/bg165736/id/1229713/

Exact red lines, gray color, very similar except mine has a crane at the middle of front bumper. Brand is Seiko, can tow up to 4,000 pounds. When I bought it 2nd hand, seller said he lost the remote controller to it.

Crane and its remote controller from the manual are attached

I appreciate very much if someone has info about the resourse I can find remote controller from. I asked to many toyota dealers, but no help

unnamed.jpg

Welcome Kyle.
Getting hold of a genuine winch control without a winch attached is a big ask. Also the after market winches have different numbers of pins at the plug end. My Aisin winch ( behind the bumper fitting) has 4 pins but others I've seen have 5.

Hi Kyle, where are you located? This would be something that could be replicated by testing the contacts though finding a plug may prove difficult. You could try on Amayama but you may be searching for hens teeth.

Certainly just fitting a remote would work easily, but I'd suggest that if this was the ONLY method of spooling the winch, then I'd fit a high quality remote. I'd recommend the Mini Lodar. More money but pretty much guaranteed to work forever and most certainly when you need it to.

Personally, I'd fit a wired remote connector and a remote receiver, that way you have a backup for wired if things go wrong. If you can get the original wiring diagram then it would be easier enough to reverse engineering

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back