Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front wheel noise

Prado_Primate

Hey all,

Sorry, I posted this before in the 120 forum on the site but didn't have much luck. Disclaimer: I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, been learning about Prado systems, but don't have much experience, especially with Landcruisers. I am living in Kenya and don't have any tools and rely on half par mechanics. Does anyone recognize this wheel rattle? I thought it was a wheel bearing and jacked the truck and there was play. Replaced the bearings and the mechanic said the hub was ok. Control arm bushes up and down were done on this side as well as tie rod ends previous. My local mechanic says everything he checked was solid. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Cant really hear much except stone rattle/wind etc.. But i had a rattle on my 120 that was noticeable over speed bumps pot holes etc/ Drove me mad for a while.. Then i noticed it stopped if i applied brakes gently.. Turned out to be just the front pads rattling.... also check your front anti roll bar bushes... Even if the bushes look good, get a bar in there and give everything some movement. You will be surprised where you find play in bushes etc..

Back