Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Front window wont close

Seagull-russ

Country Flag
uk
hey all

slight issue where my front window driver side isn't closing, the switch is working on down as I hear the motor clicking but on up nothing is happening, I did get some water on the switch from a puddle so im hoping maybe needs dry out? is there anyway to manually close the window for now?

Sorry Russ, I thought someone with a 120 would’ve answered this.

Generic info would be to remove the door card, locate the motor and unplug it. Then with a friend and a pair of wires, hold them one end on the motor terminals and then across the battery. If it tries to go down reverse the wires to the battery.

Not easy to do and the motor is probably buried in the door. Just keep the wires from touching each other ok. :?
The alternative is to pull the switch and identify the wires there which is far more difficult although if you have the wire colours from taking the door card off you can probably find them there quite easily (and post them up here for future use).

Doing the above also shows the motor as being ok and the switch faulty. If for some reason it doesn’t lift it maybe that the counterbalance spring has become detached or broken somehow. Just a guess.

You’ve probably already put a large plastic bag over the top part of your door or wrapped it in cling film to stop the rain getting in?

As Rich says , Thats all you can do Seagull, Iv had water on mine a few times, with no ill affects.. I thought the switch assembly would be a bit more robust than that , At least be able to handle a little water. Will the top of the switch unit pop off to see if there is any water in there? save you taking door card off...Good luck mate

yup bag was put overnight, im taken the switch unit out so far as still didn't work this morning, just checking on fleabay for the unit, seems lots for 100 and 90 series, but not the 120.

Not sure of the year of your LC5, but if (!) it is the switch there's a used one on ebay, item
192908185769 There are also a few pattern ones available , but they look as though they're mainly for LHD (different position of top switches).

Back