Frontrunner water tank - first look

Chris Mar 31, 2017

1. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Following the on-board water solution thread, I bought one of the front runner tanks. Just to be clear I had absolutely no need for one, I just really fancied it to stick in storage for the day I do. So here it is. It will bit basically any vehicle; it's not a special Cruiser tank. It's 50l code WTAN 008 bought through Stan the Overlander. It fits behind the rear seats but can also fit behind the third row of seats.

There's no vent in the cap but you can put one in. Equally you can pressurise it too so that the water is forced out. There's a handy take off point to connect up to.

In terms of tie down, the tank has some strap grooves but no other fixing points to bolt though etc. Here's some pics.

All in all as water tanks go it's pretty neat.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.10.00.jpg Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.09.49.jpg Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.10.15.jpg Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.10.37.jpg

mettisse, Scott and Gasmanjc like this.
  2. Gary Stockton

Gary Stockton Super Moderator Supporter I am in zimbabwe

Garage:
    Map
    Nice. Will be ordering soon....

3. nick_the_fish

nick_the_fish Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Thats a nice looking tank Chris. Its got to be said Frontrunner gear is good stuff, expensive but good. I have a weird obsession with water carrying capacity so might see if i can sneak one of these in somewhere.

4. Gary820

Gary820 Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Garage:
    Map
    Fits in nicely.

5. Chris

Garage:
    Map
    Nick, it's only in the back of the truck, loose, so if you want to try it for size, just head on over.

6. stan

stan Well-Known Member Supporter Promoted Company Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    Good to get your feed back Chris, looks good

7. Chris

Garage:
    Map
    No worries. I did check the packaging and oddly the new 80 series Cruiser stickers must have fallen out along the way.

Ha ha

stan likes this.
  8. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member Supporter I am in wales

Map
    @Chris Did you keep this tank and are you currently using it? If so, did you vent the cap?

9. Chris

Garage:
    Map
    It's sitting in the unit. Never used it, never looked at it, never filled it, nev... well you get the idea. But I have had people wanting to buy it.

One of those things I'll forget about until one day....

10. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member Supporter I am in wales

Map
    lol. Thanks mate. I'll have to scour the web to see what others use for a vent.

11. Chris

Garage:
    Map
    Honestly I think that I'd probably just get some sort of screw in fitting, like a push fit air line thing and shove a small fuel filter type whatsit on there. Like a diff breather in effect. I wouldn't want to keep having to crack the cap that's for sure. Clearly air in has to equal water out and if that's not right, the water pump might struggle. Got me thinking now. It's a good tank though.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter