Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Frontrunner water tank - first look

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Following the on-board water solution thread, I bought one of the front runner tanks. Just to be clear I had absolutely no need for one, I just really fancied it to stick in storage for the day I do. So here it is. It will bit basically any vehicle; it's not a special Cruiser tank. It's 50l code WTAN 008 bought through Stan the Overlander. It fits behind the rear seats but can also fit behind the third row of seats.

There's no vent in the cap but you can put one in. Equally you can pressurise it too so that the water is forced out. There's a handy take off point to connect up to.

In terms of tie down, the tank has some strap grooves but no other fixing points to bolt though etc. Here's some pics.

All in all as water tanks go it's pretty neat.

Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.10.00.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.09.49.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.10.15.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 14.10.37.jpg

Thats a nice looking tank Chris. Its got to be said Frontrunner gear is good stuff, expensive but good. I have a weird obsession with water carrying capacity so might see if i can sneak one of these in somewhere.

Nick, it's only in the back of the truck, loose, so if you want to try it for size, just head on over.

Good to get your feed back Chris, looks good

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No worries. I did check the packaging and oddly the new 80 series Cruiser stickers must have fallen out along the way.

Ha ha

It's sitting in the unit. Never used it, never looked at it, never filled it, nev... well you get the idea. But I have had people wanting to buy it.

One of those things I'll forget about until one day....

lol. Thanks mate. I'll have to scour the web to see what others use for a vent.

Honestly I think that I'd probably just get some sort of screw in fitting, like a push fit air line thing and shove a small fuel filter type whatsit on there. Like a diff breather in effect. I wouldn't want to keep having to crack the cap that's for sure. Clearly air in has to equal water out and if that's not right, the water pump might struggle. Got me thinking now. It's a good tank though.

Back