Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel chaos in the NW

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Every bugger is out buying fuel up like crazy at the moment around here - queues 20 cars long at seemingly every garage all through the day...

Anyone else got this [strike:269ftvpx]phenononon[/strike:269ftvpx] behaviour where they live??

Im having probs mate, everyones trying to get hold of my cooking oil supplies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not seen any ques for fuel, Maybe some know more than others about what is going to be happening :think:

Karl

We were told NOT to fill up in our works yards as they wanted to keep the diesel.

bloody nightmare in Telford today. all the fuel stations that still had fuel had huge queues.

a lot of them had completely run out and had put cones and signs out to close the forecourts! :thumbdown:

what the hell are people thinking?

from what i heard on the news, if and when the strikes go ahead the army are on standby to drive the fuel tankers. :?

i hope i can get some derv tomorrow to mix with my veg oil as i will be doing a lot of miles over the next few days, :roll: :pray:

ben said:
bloody nightmare in Telford today. all the fuel stations that still had fuel had huge queues.

a lot of them had completely run out and had put cones and signs out to close the forecourts! :thumbdown:

what the hell are people thinking?

from what i heard on the news, if and when the strikes go ahead the army are on standby to drive the fuel tankers. :?

i hope i can get some derv tomorrow to mix with my veg oil as i will be doing a lot of miles over the next few days, :roll: :pray:

You will be fine on svo in this weather mate. :thumbup:

I've still got 5L of petrol for the lawn mower. I'll be good then for a while in the iQ :D
Nothing quite like a smart arse....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
still cold mornings though Karl, had ice on the windscreens the last few days. if i was running 100% she would start but would then splutter and die within the first few miles. :thumbdown:

roll on summer when i can run 100% all the time again! :cool:

Ive got prob 80% used in the v6tdi audi and from what people have said that engine wont run on it. Start in morning and let it tick over a bit and shes ok.

It'll thin with a lot less unleaded than you need of diesel Ben.

adrianr said:
It'll thin with a lot less unleaded than you need of diesel Ben.

thats an interesting idea. :think:

i wonder how much unleaded it would take to thin say 20litres of veg, to a point where it will run nicely even on cold days. :think:

Experiment ben :thumbup:

To a full tank of fuel i normaly ad petrol to the tank as well.

Im also running uvo not new without issues :thumbup:

I went to a planning meeting of our Local Resilience Forum on behalf of Wessex 4x4 Response about 2 weeks ago, they warned about the vote on the 25th - I recall they thought the 2nd April was the likely strike - but its only one day planned.

Have a full tank of diesel in the LC, wifes Disco is about 3/4 full, so think I will sit it out.

No queues at Morrisons in Bridgwater at all, not bloody surprised at 146p per litre !

Still not plucked up courage to start running the LC on olive oil / balsamic vinegar yet.....

Pete

Ben you could start at 85% SVO to 15% petrol and see HOW it works. Keep some unleaded handy in case you need to thin it further.

I found that worked fine for me.

Rapeseed has lower cloud point than the modified soya...

It's spread to the South today - people are queuing at petrol stations as if they are giving fuel away.... :( :thumbdown:

same here in Liverpool. been for a drive around earlier and every forecourt was rammed! :roll:

Back