Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Enhancer Kits UK

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
Anybody come across Econokits before? http://www.econokit.fr/index.php/en_US/revolution-technologique.html. There is a UK distributor http://fuelenhanceruk.webs.com/ . Looks like french technology. I've pasted some of the website here [more on the links]:

The functioning of the Econokit

For years, we have known the efficiency of water injection in heat engines. By injecting water, the output increases. Many engines have functioned with the injection of water (in particular mixed with ethanol, e.g. Douglas DC 6 planes, or Corsair planes and still today Canadair firefighting aircrafts). In the renowned French scientific review “Les Techniques de l’Ingenieur”, you can read “injecting water into the air taken to the engine enables the reduction of the combustion temperature and reduces the oxygen concentration by diluting with steam.

Ideally, one obtains humid air, partially modified by the reactor-convector. The idea is to prevent the engine from taking in ‘dry’ air by adding air which has previously gone through a water-reservoir (which makes bubbles) to be humidified while bubbles are formed. The bubble process is the means which has given the best results.

The obtained gas still contains liquid water in droplet form at its arrival in the engine. Its revaporization, very endothermic, lowers combustion temperature, catalyzed by the water itself. This phenomenon also acts on the length of combustion time and allows pressure to be better utilized in the cylinders, improving notably the power potential at low rev.

Engines work better in rainy conditions and ideally when there is fog.

Heat engines burn fuel with air’s oxygen. If combustion was perfect, heat engines would only reject water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (Co2).
Below is an example of a chemical reaction for diesel engines:

2 C16H34 + 49 02 -> 32 Co2 + 34 H2O (30g air / 1g fuel)
Unfortunately, combustion is often imperfect and produces the following products:

Unburnt hydrocarbons
Nitrogen Oxide (NOx = NO and NO2)
Carbon monoxide CO
Oxygen

Nitrogen oxide comes from the oxidation of the nitrogen in air during combustion. It is toxic and irritant. Carbon dioxide, which everyone is looking to decrease, because of the greenhouse effect, is directly linked to the quantity of fuel consumed. It is easy to understand, both advantages of the Econokit which are brought about the expected reduction of fuel consumption: the financial savings and the reduction of Co2 emissions.

As it happens... I got in contact with them on the other site (David is a member on there - he has a 100) and they agreed to fit a test kit to my truck, so that they could setup a "how to", and get real world feedback on their product. They came around last night and fitted it for me. I won't go into the detail of this now, as once we are done David will post up a detailed installation write-up with pics.

Initial impression is that the truck definitely picks up quicker than before, and I feel like I am using less throttle to cruise along. For this first tank I am just mucking about, then on the next tank I will try to drive like I normally do and record the results. I have high hopes for this mod.

Any indication of what this might cost :think: :pray:

That looks like it might be a goer :thumbup:

Several WWII aircraft were fitted with water injection. This increased power at take-off when heavily loaded, and allowed higher boost pressures in turbocharged engines - useful to get some extra power during a dogfight.

Lots of reading on the topic around the Net.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've had it fitted for a while now and right from the start there was a definite improvement in pick up and overall performance, but not so much on the fuel saving side. We tried a few different things to get it better, and at the moment I would say there is maybe a 5% improvement in mpg - it is not consistent though, and I am expecting at least 10%. We think that the problem may be that my exhaust manifold does not get hot enough - I might have the only KZJ90/95 that is too cool :) Using a infra red thermometer, my manifold only gets to around 100 celcius, and we need it to be about another 50 degrees hotter to get the reactor to do its thing. On warmer days it definitely performs better (on cooler days you notice the difference). I also notice I get better mpg in urban areas than motorways, which might be due to improved airflow and cooling at cruising speeds. I've recently wrapped the manifold & reactor with exhaust wrap to try and prevent heat loss at the reactor - this will only really work if the manifold gets hot enough in the first place. Getting an accurate temp reading now with the wrap on is not possible, so I'm waiting to see what the mpg does over a couple of tanks.

Back