Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Filler neck replacement.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
Asking for me dad.

Does the body need lifting on the 100 to fit a replacement filler neck?

It can be done on the 100, it does help to put a scissor Jack on top of the chassis rail on the drivers side rear and squeeze the body up in the mounting rubbers a little. This allows you to swing the pipe in place over the cross member. Its tight and will rub in places when moving into position but can be done.

Cheers fellas, I'll pass on the information.

On the 80 its is Mike as I'm sure you know so would imagine the same for the 100. :thumbup:
I know on the 80 through experience Dervis...
The problem dissappears with a duel filler neck though..:thumbup: ;).

I managed to replace mine without lifting the body. I did jack the body a bit to create a bit of space as already mentioned.

The problem with the '100' is that a lot of the bits are fitted to the body or chassis before the two are joined. Changing AHC pipes is a right pain.

Before:

DSCN4041.JPG

After:

DSCN4062.JPG

I had to put a couple of 'Rivnuts' into a body cross-member to retain the pipe bracket.

DSCN4057.JPG

The job is a bit of a pain when you're lying on your back under the truck.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I managed to replace mine without lifting the body. I did jack the body a bit to create a bit of space as already mentioned.

The problem with the '100' is that a lot of the bits are fitted to the body or chassis before the two are joined. Changing AHC pipes is a right pain.

Before:

View attachment 156515

After:

View attachment 156516

I had to put a couple of 'Rivnuts' into a body cross-member to retain the pipe bracket.

View attachment 156517

The job is a bit of a pain when you're lying on your back under the truck.

Bob.
He's not only replacing the filler neck. The tank and sump are also leaking, he replaced the AHC with pedders last year..

I replaced the tank, straps, all sender & electrical fittings and made a fiberglass tank cradle in 2014. I then replaced the sump last year.

These things are not built to last :doh:.

In contrast, my daughters have a pair of 2007 RAV4s with 180,000 miles on them, in the same environment as my '100' yet have virtually no rust underneath.

Life's a bitch :lol:.

Bob.

Back