Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel Hose inner diameter sizes

MisterCruiser

Country Flag
ireland
Would anyone be able to tell me the size of the fuel hoses, the feed hose from the tank to the fuel filter, what is the inner diameter where it connects onto the fuel filter?

Also, the return hose that goes from the tank to the pump, anyone know the inner diameter of the hose where it connects onto the pump?

I've read someone syaing 8 + 10mm but are these the inner / outer diameters and are these figures even correct? I'd be grateful if someone could confirm.

Ok, my assumption was wrong :) So just in case someone else is searching these sizes I said I'd update. We should really have all this useful info in a Sticky thread.
The smaller return hose isn't 8mm inner dia, it's 1/4" / 6.35mm is a perfect fit.
The bigger supply hose is 10mm inner as I suspected.
I replaced some parts of my underbody metal fuel pipes with specific fuel rubber hoses, is it ok if these hoses touch the body, do they need to be suspended like the original metal ones, will the fail an Mot / Doe for touching the body? Example touching the underneath or the floor?

Should be fine i think , metal on metal chaffs but rubber is unaffected by vibration .

Back