Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel pump SCV plug

FLK 805eries

Country Flag
falkland_islands
hi all,

Where can I find a replacement electrical plug or part number for my fuel pump SCV? The black and yellow wire is loose and is putting the vehicle into limp mode.

TIA

image.jpeg

hi all,

Where can I find a replacement electrical plug or part number for my fuel pump SCV? The black and yellow wire is loose and is putting the vehicle into limp mode.

TIA

View attachment 159694
Just out of intrest, is there any sign of dampness I.E diesel around you SCV/TCV? Or any deisel smells around the passenger foot well?

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think the plug in question is only available as part of the loom.

Opps, I stand corrected, they are available :) I didn't reserch enough.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the back of the plug you can see like an orange rubber grommet type thing around the wire, if you pick that out (slide it back on the wire) it'll allow you to follow the wire to the back of the connector. There's a metal tab that locks the connector to the plug and will allow you to inspect the connector hopefully you'll get to see whats going on with the loose wire..

What Iwan said.
At least on the 80 all of the plugs can be dismantled. They are all slightly different but follow the same principle.

First a locking insert is removed, looks like the white section on your connector, this then allows the plastic tab that holds the metal part of the connector to bend down enough as to allow the wire to be pulled out.
I ground down a old flat head screw driver to about 2mm x 2mm x 15mm for bending down the tab.

Most connectors are still available from Toyota.

Can't remember which forum I saw it on, but you can get new connectors to go inside the plug. I.e. pull out the little connector from the plug and crimp on a new connector which you then slide in again.

Alternative first aid is to use those mini spade connectors (about 3 mm wide), previously common on car speakers. They seem to fit perfectly well. Unless you are in a guaranteed dry area, you'd have to cover it with something waterproof and removable, like vulcanising tape.

In the FSM, the Spill Valve (SCV) plug is listed as 90980-11155 , and it's available from yamayama. And it looks like a more recent car has the same plug for front clearance lamp, according to partsouq.

Last edited:
Back