Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Fuel starvation

Internal fuel pump filter is 22602-56350. More experienced people than me will be able to post how to remove and clean it.

The practice with filtering is that every part of the system is protected so if there is a particle in any part it will be caught. Even during construction in the factory a new main filter-pump pipe may have a particle so this is caught by the pump filter. In use obviously by the time the fuel reaches the pump most of the particles should be caught so the pump filter is very small.

The injectors have internal filters as well, so I am told, to protect any swarf coming off the injector pipes and nut threads

The main filter is not just tea strainer design. It has extending fibres like seaweed which particles cling to so if your filter is not actually blocked it may still not be doing it's job.

I meant : easy to replace the acsd by a blanking plate and an o-ring. When it's just to test if any air penetrates the acsd, unscrew the acsd and hang it aside on a wire or something. no need to dismantle the whole thing. And then cover the hole with a blanking plate and the o-ring. Then just use the truck (it was like that on mine for several months) and if everything works fine, connect the coolant hoses with a small pipe and put the acsd in your spare parts box.

Thanks Frank.

Oh and the tank filter is flat on its rear end and even when it is detached from the pickup tube it sits in very close proximity due to the small baffle area that the pickup resides.... so there is a chance it could get drawn towards the pickup, a small chance but far greater chance than the 16 million to 1 that the Lottery is.

image.jpg
I made a blanking plat myself out of 4 mm steel, but normally a Bosch blanking plate should fit.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The filter is a bucket design and should be under the fuel shut off plunger, I say 'should' as mine was missing!

You get to check the plunger rubber stop at the same time, also look at the plunger itself, look for scuffing if there get the brasso out mate, the plunger may have got semi jammed causing fuel starvation?

Regards

Dave

Back