Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Full floating rear axle

Iwan

Country Flag
wales
If you have a leaf sprung cruiser you should be looking to fit one of these hj61 rear axles with a lsd in it.
View attachment 9220
When I visited my friends in Holland, I bought this complete axle except for brake assemblies.
View attachment 9221
Decided to improve the springs when appart. With some hilux leaf springs!
View attachment 9222
No rust under here! Good to know!:icon-biggrin:
View attachment 9223
To change the crown we had to take the lsd appart, as we were using the differential casing that is original to the truck.
View attachment 9224

View attachment 9225
Ready to go this lunch time.
View attachment 9227
New brake shoes, much easier to fit without working around the hub like on the semi floating.

After fitting new brake lines to the axle and fitting the shackles call it a day.
Looking forward to a test drive tomorow.:icon-smile:

Hi I can not get it up Hi mike Andy Iwan . Tony have a good day .

I will sort the pictures in a moment! Lol

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yep its interesting, will a normal CW+P fit on the LSD carrier and case?

Andy

Thanks Andy, It's been quite a job all in all! It is all complete with the trucks own CW+P on the lsd carrier! No strange noises, the truck is driving well and job is a success! The lsd works well heard the click when on soft ground, unlike my attempt to load photo's! Lol:icon-biggrin:

Have no anti roll bar on this axle, so must be off an older spec 61?

Also must say the brakes are a real improvement! :thumbup::cool: Looking forward to the new rear shoes to wear in too.

Not an older one I suspect but one from a market sector which didn't have them fitted or the ARB was an optional extra. The most useful bit for me is the fact the standard CW+P can be used in the LSD. It gives me the option of changing the ratios in mine. Are the Hilux springs the same dimensions as the 60 springs or have you mixed and matched?

Andy

The hilux springs share the same dimension from front hanger to the 14mm bolt that ties the leaves together where the spring sits under the axle. The shackle side is actually 60mm-70mm longer giving the lift!
The set up I made has the 1st,2nd millner springs then 2nd,3rd hilux cut down then 3rd millner and 4th 5th Hilux! Seems to have lifted the truck by 30mm and a lot better ride wise, a little work needed to the sort the clips out and some new rear shocks it will be done. :icon-biggrin:

Unless the original springs are in really good condition the 60 needs all the help it can get with the ride. Does anyone know if parabolic springs are available for 60's, I know you can get them for 40's.

Andy

Hi Iwan good test run video os is it a good ride in the old hj60 have a good one tonytoyota.:think::icon-ugeek:

Back