Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Funny how life throws you those little curve balls isn’t it? Ho hum.

My tumour is well developed - I know cos I've seen it on the telly. Never had a single symptom. So I'd urge everyone to follow that lead AW and get some screening in. Doesn't have to be a endoscopy to begin with but push your GP for a test. Caught early, it's no worse than having a tooth out.

With me it is acceptance Chris. And it's like WW2 , months of total boredom interrupted by moments of action and adrenalin.

Iv'e just seen this and it's a shock , just like when family and friends you've met tell you the same.This cancer runs in my family & i'm in a prevention program here , considered as having a higher risk.A close friend had the same a tumor that measured 30 cm & was told by the consultant to get his affairs in order - he's still with us and doing well .For all of us the next minute could be our last , not something that gives any comfort to you i guess but i think you've got the right attitude & it seems prompt action from the NHS in your area.Take it easy mate.

I'm also late to the game on this one.. Shitting Cockfosters.. that's made me quite upset. Sending good vibes across the Irish Sea for you. I think you might be just like my cruiser... rust is slowly getting the back end, but the bastard keeps on trucking.. do the same buddy.

Chris

Your old truck and I send you our very best wishes and positive thoughts.

Cheers

Guy

Sorry, been a bit slow today. Thank you once again for these latest wishes chaps. Very much appreciated. Bumped into an old friend today who I knew had cancer, asked him about it; I'd forgotten the details. Turns out, same cancer as mine, same consultant, same treatment. They managed to shrink it down and took out 8" of his colon and there he was still alive and well talking to me. It was tough for sure, but he made it. Now mine's spread slightly further afield, but his was equally as serious. So there's some good news then.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Bloody hell Chris, I’ve not been on the forum due to my life stuff getting in the way (moving house). All I can say, is fight it like we all know you can and if you need anything let us know and I’m sure the brain trust will be able to sort it.

Bloody hell I've just looked up how long a human colon is = 5ft. They said they took half of mine out!! Never bothered checking before but I feel no different.

Sorry to read your bad news Chris. Of all the reasons I guessed at for your 'odd request' email, that wasn't one of them. I really hope yours is a tale of beating the odds and we'll have many camp fire catch ups to come. Add my name to the list of offers to help in any way I can.

Just lining things up in case I need plan B, Jon. Yes you must've though it an odd question. I'm sure there will be more camp fires to come. I have to be positive about it, there's just no other way to be. Fingers crossed that it does result in some better news. Just back from hospital meeting with the oncologist. Actually had a look at my CT scans in detail. Taken that as a positive too. Bigger target means it's easier to hit, eh?

Well Chemo +1 and whilst I said I wasn't going to keep a diary or boo hoo blog think, I have to say I feel fine. In fact not wanting to count chickens etc etc, I actually feel marginally better than I have for a while. No side effects at all for the moment and none through the actual treatment. I now have the pump attached to me pushing in more weapon's grade material for the next few days but that gets removed Thursday. Chemo team were brilliant and I had a nice comfy chair to sit in all day and a view of the Peak District to look at as well as DAB Smooooth to listen to. I think I might go back in a couple of weeks. I even got a sandwich, sweets, tea, juice and body lotion.

Next thing is my teeth will fall out, nails come off, lose my hair, bleed from the eyes etc etc. But still, some good tunes on Smooth.

I don't know her or the full story but a girl in this street decided to pre-empt it and shaved her head before treatment started . She never lost her hair and maybe 10 years later she still keeps a short boys cut .

Advances in hormone replacement have accelerated continuously for the past 20 years , perhaps because of the A.I.D.S pandemic the media were howling about back then . Can't kill aids without killing the host so instead they replace everything the disease kills . Just be warned if they mess up your tablets with the sheboy in the next bed you might end up with double D tits !

Mate of mine was treated for breast cancer when he was about 30 and in my memory we were always about as tall as each other but i'll swear whatever they pumped into him added about 2 inches to his height :crazy:

Last edited:
Tall enough Shayne, but two inches extra length wouldn't do amiss. I'll see what they've got on the shelf.

Good to hear the treatment is not giving you a hard time Chris. Hope it is kind to you and gives the results we all hope for. Stay strong, you're tackling it with the right attitude. We look forward to catching up soon - we've got wood to burn, camp meals to eat and stories to swap. In the meantime, give me a shout if we can help in any way.

Well you could start with any home remedies for hiccups. Can't shake them today. If that's the worse that this treatment throws at me then happy days, but damn they're wearing me down.

Take a really deep breath and hold it as long as you possibly can. Another favourite for curing my daughters hiccups is giving her a fright so now she tries to hide the fact she has hiccups :)

I've heard this works for hiccups... Do a head stand and drink a pint of water... Let us know how it works out

As if what I have isn't bad enough now you're trying to drown me?

Holding your breath for as long as you possibly can causes CO2 to rise in the blood steam so stops the hicks. If you hold your breath even longer than you can it cures you permanently.

Back