Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Future Lincomb?

Trevor

Country Flag
england
I've decided to step away from organising Lincomb events, no reason other than I've done my stint since 2015 and would now like to rock up to an event and chill for a weekend.

I had made noises to this effect around the camp fire a few times to see if any new blood may have had an interest.

So, any volunteers want to continue? I am more than happy to chat over the phone and pass on Tony's number for you to deal direct.

As said in the past mate. I'm happy to do the social meet type thing. Too much effort for me to do what you have mate. People just dont see what goes into it.

you are the man Trevor, and thankyou for all you have done :)

The real stars are the original organisers, Ian Rubie et al and Tony. I just kept the format going. This is a great opportunity for someone to do something new or improve the weekend experience, if there isn't the appetite to continue then we lose this as a venue which would be a great shame.

We can only thank you Trev for everything you have done. The timing on this has kicked my ass into now saying something as I didn't want to be seen as standing on any toes. For the last week I've been pondering over this. I was going to ask if there was any interest if organized a weekend meeting as avalanche off road centre. Its situated off the A14 in Northamptonshire. A local club hires it twice a year. There is camping on site toilets and a cafe if required. There is also a off road course on site. This means you can dirty the cruiser or bring a trailer toy if you wish. I have no prices as yet but will happily look into this further if there is enough interest. Camping can be from Friday to Sunday evening possibly Monday with some pre planning. There are also many green lanes in the area. This is something that could be explored also. Post code is LE16 9UJ. If someone would be good enough to start a list of those potentialy interested then we could start looking at dates. Once again big thanks to Trevor for all his efforts over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate a fair amount of work must go into just ensuring the dangers of vehicle damage or possible injury are kept to an absolute minimum so well done everyone involved :clap:

I dread to think what i've spent on toys since my first visit to Lincomb with an almost standard 90 .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Trevor a big thanks for all the hard work you put in over the time you run it hope you r well and Gav that is looking like a good one to go to let's see how it go's r you all good.

All good over here Tony. Hope you are well. Let's see if there's some interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Only been to one Lincomb had a bloody good time and for that Thanks Trevor and must ask are you going to do anything with the fake Lincomb as that was a good get together with no worries and a very decent Landlord

Sod it Gav sick and very tired of these four walls that surround me would you be so kind to put me down on your list please and could you please find out if dogs are welcome ta steve

I'd be interested Gav but with the halfwit in charge of Wales pretending he's king of a country i wouldn't book a meeting in my garden with myself :icon-rolleyes:

Fake Lincomb at the Pub is still very much on and will continue. Once restrictions are over I'll be able to post up the next one.

Fake Lincomb at the Pub is still very much on and will continue. Once restrictions are over I'll be able to post up the next one.
Glad to hear that Trev, and many thanks for all your efforts at the 'Real Lincomb' I'm sure there was lot more in organising that than most people realise.

We can only thank you Trev for everything you have done. The timing on this has kicked my ass into now saying something as I didn't want to be seen as standing on any toes. For the last week I've been pondering over this. I was going to ask if there was any interest if organized a weekend meeting as avalanche off road centre. Its situated off the A14 in Northamptonshire. A local club hires it twice a year. There is camping on site toilets and a cafe if required. There is also a off road course on site. This means you can dirty the cruiser or bring a trailer toy if you wish. I have no prices as yet but will happily look into this further if there is enough interest. Camping can be from Friday to Sunday evening possibly Monday with some pre planning. There are also many green lanes in the area. This is something that could be explored also. Post code is LE16 9UJ. If someone would be good enough to start a list of those potentialy interested then we could start looking at dates. Once again big thanks to Trevor for all his efforts over the years.
Sounds like a plan!

It would be a shame to lose Lincomb as a venue, but interest seems to have fizzled out since the early days. Is there enough interest to keep it going as purely a social meet up, with the woods available for playing if desired, but nothing organised in terms of games or punch challenge? If it's just a social then as Karl said, happy to get involved in that.

Right! Spoke to the guys at avalanche today.
Camping/caravans £6 a night per rig.
2 toilets on site no showers as yet but future plans to include this.
Can arrive Friday and leave monday if you wish. There is a fresh water tap and a waste point on the camping site which is 2 acres. A fire is allowed but must be kept within a rear tractor rim with the centre removed which is also supplied on the site. Well behaved dogs are no problem. All rubbish to be removed obviously. All in all seems very relaxed. There is a pub 15 mins away by foot if anyone wants it.
The off road track/course is available to us but will be £200plus vat for a day but that is exclusively for our use. I'm sure I could get the vat removed for cash. Would we want that one day or two or even at all. I'd personally like to use it but what do others think. If we had 25 trucks with 2 nights camping that's £32 each truck. More trucks the price will drop obviously. I don't think thats too bad. Thoughts please. I was thinking a weekend over early August or September. I'd like an idea of numbers interested as I'd obviously have to pay a deposit upfront. I've no problem with this as long as I have the numbers to cover costs.

It would be a shame to lose Lincomb as a venue, but interest seems to have fizzled out since the early days. Is there enough interest to keep it going as purely a social meet up, with the woods available for playing if desired, but nothing organised in terms of games or punch challenge? If it's just a social then as Karl said, happy to get involved in that.
Definitely still would attend a social at Lincolm if it continues. Be sad to see it go.

Sounds good Gav even if we don't get exclusive use of the site because of numbers and commitments would still like to be put on the list

I only managed to get to 1 Lincomb, but the one I did attend was great fun and I met some nice people, even @Trevor who has since had his hands all over my 100, doing a great job I might add.

I hope to get to more socials and hopefully things look more promising now.

@Gav missin sounds good and Northampton is nearer for me too. Happy to bung someone a few quid to teach me to drive my 100 properly too.

"teach me to drive my 100 properly"
At the early Lincombs we used to do this, in fact TonyS and I went on a Lantra 4x4 course so that we would not be showing people our bad habits plus we had printed 'off road driving tips' sheets available. [I still have them so if wanted I can email]
Personally I think Lincomb is fantastic - an exclusive facility that has not been beaten up by loads of muppets with heavy right foot and no brain cells which in my relatively limited experience is how most 'pay and play' venues end up.
As I no longer live in the UK, I cannot offer to organise the event (again) but am firmly in the camp that believes that once the club forgoes Lincomb the membership will regret it and TonyS is so helpful and a club member.

Regards,

Rodger

Back