Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

gadget inspiration please

nickh888

Country Flag
uk
Hello,

Im in the process of putting together a small roof console to replace the after market DVD player a previous owner mounted behind the sunroof. The dimensions I have planned are 12"x12"x3" (much deeper and I suspect it will obstruct the rear-view mirror). Because there was a DVD player in place I already have some mounting points and a 12v feed with a door switch pickup so Ill put a led light in there to brighten the place up. Has anyone got any thoughts on what else I could put up there? I was thinking a compact CB radio but Ill probably never use it and it's not the most convenient place for it. Maybe a draw for a small set of binoculars?

any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sounds a worthy cause :thumbup:

Sunglasses holder and Kleenex dispenser.

Nothing more annoying than my sunglasses, always never where they should be, and nowhere to put a decent sized box of tissues. :icon-biggrin:

Drop down screen linked to a front mounted camera so your passengers can see where you're going. [emoji6]

thanks chaps, just waiting for the LED light I have ordered to turn up and then I can get to work :). I like the idea of the tissue holder! The drop down screen sounds fun but I suspect its beyond my skill set.

The retractable controls for the periscope.
Or a vent, like on the Morris Mini Van. If you have pets in the car, a solar powered vent works very well.

Minimalistic: Just a translucent, milky white, lexan board with led lighting behind.

Drop down screen linked to a front mounted camera so your passengers can see where you're going. [emoji6]

Surely the idea of kidnapping people is that they don't know where you're going......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back