Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garage Step Tool

Mick W

Country Flag
great_britain
Anyone else use one of these wheel steps? Got it from Fleabay for £25 and its perfect for working in the engine bay when your a short house like me :lol: Adjustable for different tire widths and height :thumbup:
IMG_2321.JPG

Fitted this 50CAL ammo box in the spare battery bay at the same time. Useful for emergency tools :tools-hammerdrill:
IMG_2322.JPG

That reminds me, I've been meaning to put a spare 10mm spanner in the engine bay so that if there was an electrical emergency I could quickly disconnect the battery terminals.

step looks like a good idea too

My terminals are 12mm

Wheel step a great invention, had one for several years to help load/ unload stuff on roof rack of van and lj78.
Good for helping to pull awning through on caravan too and always kept in vehicle.
Great idea of yours with ammo box, sometimes not room. Do you have it lined or tools wrapped to stop annoying rattles?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pfft steps aint got nothing on old beer crates , imagine how pissed off i was when the mrs said a neighbour asked for one and she gave it away :angry-screaming:

Use this stuff for lining boxes its brilliant and doesn't slip or slide.
upload_2020-3-14_23-54-54.png

Mick W, agree, I've put it under slippy mats before.
Shayne, beer crates are a bit bulky to carry around,
and I take it the crate was empty of beer when your Mrs
gave it away ?

I got one of these, haven't managed to break it .......yet., n
I have one of those they fold neatly flat and take very little space in the boot cost 4 euros and for 8 euros they sell them twice as wide and twice as high .

Last edited by a moderator:
Shayne, - sure does.
TONYCY11, had one of those that has been useful, I say had because last week as I leant over the front to get to the sagging intercooler seal on my 120, the barsteward slid away on the block paving, and I came down hard on front. It wasn't broken at that stage, but it was when it went in the bin !!

That reminded me of some old 303 ammo boxes stuck in the loft somewhere from my shooting days. Most of the other stuff has gone but I hung on to them as they looked as though they could come in useful.....someday.
I usually just stand on the rear tyre when washing the truck or loading the roof rack but it can be very slippery when the tyre is wet! That step looks a whole lot safer.:thumbup:

Back