Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garmin Dezl 760 - Result !!!

Greetings Cruiserers,
I don't mean to be spamming this fine forum, just to let you know that Waypoint are agents for Garmin and we can do this unit for £350 all-in.
Hope this is of use to some, let me know if I can be of help,
Barrie

:doh: I wish I had known that before I bought mine, to anybody considering buying one, I can confirm they are the Dogs Danglies.

Barrie, can you also supply Garmin accessories?

Are you still getting lockups Chas? How about you Olazz, are you having that problem?

Are you still getting lockups Chas? How about you Olazz, are you having that problem?
Fingers crossed, that locking up seems to be OK now, but I have had it switch off completely, I have to unplug it and plug back and it then carries on OK. At first I thought the ciggy lighter plug had shifted but it wasn't that.

No Jon, I've had no lockup's on mine.
I did read somewhere that if you have bluetooth'd Android phone to it and you take a call, that can cause it to lock up.

Dont use my phone through it, so haven't experienced any problems, either Europe or Africa.

Chas was your phone connected via BT?

No Jon, I've had no lockup's on mine.
I did read somewhere that if you have bluetooth'd Android phone to it and you take a call, that can cause it to lock up.

Dont use my phone through it, so haven't experienced any problems, either Europe or Africa.

Chas was your phone connected via BT?
No I don't use it for my phone, the phone is connected via Parrot.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Think I'll wait till they've got it a bit more stable, last time I bought into a Garmin product it was buggy and then they abandoned it!

More hidden bits to fiddle with on the Garmin fellas. Mainly diagnostics.

youtube.com/watch?v=06MrMnL3OE
Im not allowed to post a URL yet so here is the part URL sorry.

How's the reliability holding up? Very tempted to get one as a backup for our summer hols.

So far Jon it's been fine, the locking up problem I had when I first bought it has not happened again since Garmin told me how to do a software update, It's certainly the best Sat Nav I've had so far, over a number of years I've had TomTom, Road Angel and two other Garmins.

Does anyone know if the newer 760 LMT D is worth the extra cash over the std LMT??

Haven't studied them in detail but it looks to me like the main difference is FM (old) vs DAB (new) traffic data reception? I'm not really bothered about traffic data tbh.

Will be interesting to see(one you've used it a few times) if this becomes your first choice GPS, rather than just a back up JW.

It's early days so there may be tricks to get round the issues I'm seeing but at the moment Navigator 11 on the PC is safe as 1st choice.

First there's the maddening beep every time you press a button that you can't turn off unless you mute all sound

Then all the button presses every time you turn it on just to start using it.

If you browse the map, the + & - zoom buttons fade away and you can only get them back if you touch the screen, so you have to remember to tap the screen exactly in the middle, or it scrolls to centre where you tapped.

While navigating somewhere I can't get a 2D north up overview of the route no matter what I press, it's firmly stuck in birds eye view today. I'm sure yesterday I could get 2D but not an overview, I had to keep zooming out till I could see what I wanted and each step was pretty small so even a quite short route took a lot of screen tapping.

As a follow what the instructions say type device it seems fine, but it falls short on some of the feature I find useful in Navigator 11 on the PC.

For reference, I got a newer D because when I tried getting an 'old' one they were out of stock.

Back