Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Garmin Dezl 760 - Result !!!

Hi Reinhard,

No as you can set the profile of to "car" " motorhome " or "truck" and you can create your own profile for your vehicle, with width, length, height etc etc

Yes you can download all tracks to Basecamp quite easily.

Yes you can download all tracks to Basecamp quite easily.
They do get overwritten quite quickly on the device, I think it has a fixed number of waypoints it can handle for the tracks, so after a few days travel you start losing tracks if you haven't already saved them on a PC.

Yep spot on JW. It's best to download tracks at end of each day's drive.

My Garmin has arrived from eBay at a great price second hand but not used form the USA. It has a 4gb card with European maps on so i am sorted there but its the LM and not the traffic version which is fine for me.

Any recommendations as to a good screen cover to help with glare?

what did you pay for that warren been looking and got out bid this week on a 760 and a 560. gutted.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmmm may have been the one I won then. I paid £190 and some change. Sorry

Last edited:
Agh sorry about that. If it helps I did offer him 250 outside of eBay which he turned down so be the is kicking himself.

They come up quite often so will keep an eye out for you.

it doesnt matter i had a limit and you went past it. no big deal really.

i bet he is green

Spooky!!! I ordered one of these last Friday. I went with the 760 Digital version and a case too. They do a neat little sun shade for it but reviews said it kept falling off. Just waiting for the Amazon man to deliver.

Chris get the ram mount for it and it has a hood that does not fall off.

I don't have a hood and haven't had any problems with it falling off or the sun :whistle:

The sun shade is not very good, altho it's OK to start with. It has springy legs at the back of the unit with little rubber feet at the ends. These feet fall of, making the legs slide, e.g. sideways; and the legs are also quite weak.

I put on a screen guard (protective film) which was made for the unit, but one of the corners was squeezed between the screen and the housing, making the touch screen go bananas. Didn't understand what it was at first, as most things worked fine. So be careful when positioning the protective film.

Now I need to find topo maps without using a small fortune...

Can you load Topo maps into the 760 ?

Can you load Topo maps into the 760 ?
Yes you can.
But the ones I've tried coul not be used for road navigation, as they don't link the roads correctly. Still useful to see the terrain.
It looks like it works with setting the destination first, with only the standard map enabled, and then add the topo map on top afterwards.

Back