Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GB stickers

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
I read somewhere that the GB sticker was changing to a UK sticker in September,anyone know anything about this?

Cheers

Saw that on the RAC site also, but haven’t seen anyone selling them yet! I’ll be needing a magnetic one for the car and a sticker for the trailer. All usual sites are (or appear to be) still selling the GB versions.

Pain in the a### as i only got new ones last month!

As they are number plate stickers does that mean if you have compliant plates, but non euro with the space and old symbol on them at the end, new number plates will have to be purchased incorporating the UK symbol or space for the new sticker ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cheers David, that is an option then that is not another money spinner.
Old school style, nothing fancy that could be stuck in place or over old without showing up any paint fade. Great.

Stupid question from me, but do we need them?

I've done 1000's of miles on my bike across EU and further without even the UK badge, been stopped for speeding and it was never mentioned. Maybe I'm just lucky

google is your friend
Sure is. But still haven’t found magnetic ones yet.

Probably because it’s all a bit of a f### up, and not planned properly.

The UK Government has written to the United Nations to effect the change, stating: “The United Kingdom is changing the distinguishing sign that it had previously selected for display in international traffic on vehicles registered in the United Kingdom, from “GB” to “UK”...this change will take effect on 28 September 2021.”​

The switch from GB to UK stickers comes just months after ministers unveiled a new GB number plate with a Union Flag. This replaced the previous ‘Euro’ plate, which showed the stars of the European Union with the letters GB.​

But the switch to UK signifiers, while being inclusive of Northern Ireland, means drivers with the new GB plates will have to either change their plates, or affix an additional UK sticker to their cars from September.​

Unlike the soon-to-be-invalid GB plates, which were heralded by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps in January, the switch to UK signifiers was not formally announced by the Government. Instead it was spotted as a footnote in UN regulations by the AA, which says it has 50,000 items of stock it will now need to change.​

I've done 1000's of miles on my bike across EU and further without even the UK badge, been stopped for speeding and it was never mentioned. Maybe I'm just lucky
Me too, lived in Germany for 4 years and never bothered with one...

Back