Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

G'day from Saudi [via Australia, South Africa and the US]

Country Flag
united_states
Great community and load of useful resources - TIA

I'm based in Saudi's Eastern Province, and do regular trips in the US and Southern Africa. Can't get home to Aus at the moment, but can't wait to put my son's Hilux through it's paces; when we get there.

Prado enthusiast here, with a 2015 TXL in Saudi, 2004 VX in South Africa and a 2005 GX 470 [Lexus] in the US. All on BFG KO2s, 2" lifts [OME and Ironman] and other mods as needed.

Looking forward to learning more, understanding the platform better and exploring, before taking the long way round from Saudi to South Africa in 2 years [or so..]

Current challenges:
TXL rear diff lock not engaging [led light on switch not lighting up - will trouble shoot this weekend]
GX needs new front UCAs
VX "needs" a roof rack, awning and drawer system for our '22 Botswana trip [Front Runner is the front runner]

Welcome aboard.. my old man did a couple of years in Saudi training in workers on the HT power lines back in the early 90's.. its a bit different there now I believe.

From your list of challenges, if there's one thing I've learned, then get your nice shiny roof rack and play with it, and then panic fix the underside bits just before your trip :tearsofjoy:

I joke, but sounds like you have plenty of adventures

Back