Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

G'Day Guru's!!!

stinkyoldpete2

Country Flag
australia
New guy here!

I'm an Aussie 80 series owner ...93 FZj80...TOUGH CAR.... It just seems to go forever.... and when it breaks, ( rarely ) its relatively easy to fix !!!...
My wife hated this car and nagged me continuously to get rid of it and get a new one . I gave up in the end . I got rid of the wife and got a new one !!! :laughing:

Ive had the car since 2000 ...Its seen better days for sure , but Ive decided that it deserves rejuvenation. and im gunna start fixing up all those annoying little problems that ive been neglecting.... So I've come here looking to engage with experts!!

I'm gunna have a load of questions... My Gregories maintenance manual is just not up to the task ....(has anyone got a proper FSM i can buy ??)

Go easy on me !...Im not exactly super mechanic , but im not completely useless ...I'm not much of a typist either ....Hopefully i wont embarrass myself in either area :)

Thank's for having me :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum Pete , might be a bit quiet here this weekend because most of the forum regulars and certainly the clever ones are living it up by a campfire for a few days .

We have the Haynes Manual over here, To be Honest its as Crap as the Gregories, But there are PDF Manuals here somewhere that you can Download, Free, But lord knows where they are, Someone with a bigger brain than mine could find them for you and Post the Link...... Good luck with the Refurb.....

We have the Haynes Manual over here, To be Honest its as Crap as the Gregories, But there are PDF Manuals here somewhere that you can Download, Free, But lord knows where they are, Someone with a bigger brain than mine could find them for you and Post the Link...... Good luck with the Refurb.....
You need to have an (unknown) minimum number of posts to access them … I think they’re all in the “Resources” tab, main menu…:think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh it’s the machine vs man conflict. Be it 80, 100 or 200 it’s all same. Choose to take your humans with machines. Don’t leave them behind for machines coz it’s ultimately humans who stand behind for u to fix machines. Too complicated :). I too had similar experience after getting 200 so no different being on 80. humans r more than machines

A Landcruiser is a Landcruiser 40 to 300

80 is a Land Cruiser
M already too tempted to hunt for 80 series but trying to hold back myself :) I go to a garage for some work on my 200, mechanic says 80 is real landcruiser :) what a puzzle

Back