Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

genuine 80s series uprated steering box shaft.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
New uprated stronger version. Includes pitman arm and seal kit.
please pm for details.

20180311_121029.jpg

When you say uprated CG, is that uprated for any 80 or is it an upgrade for earlier models to later ones. I have no experience at all of messing with the arm and shaft.

When you say uprated CG, is that uprated for any 80 or is it an upgrade for earlier models to later ones. I have no experience at all of messing with the arm and shaft.
They are a upgrade for any 80. They fit in the standard 80 steering box. I need to check up on this again, but afaik, If you were to order a new 80 steering box they would come with this shaft and arm.
under certain conditions the standard shaft can twist or even break.
Most people will never have a problem, but if you run larger tyres and like to push it off road its a worthy upgrade.

They are a upgrade for any 80. They fit in the standard 80 steering box. I need to check up on this again, but afaik, If you were to order a new 80 steering box they would come with this shaft and arm.
under certain conditions the standard shaft can twist or even break.
Most people will never have a problem, but if you run larger tyres and like to push it off road its a worthy upgrade.
SO this is the shaft fitted to the Late HZJ/HDJ/FZJ105 ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My understanding is that it’s an upgrade between the 80 and 105 series.

I have one of these fitted to my ‘95 HZJ 80 when I twisted the standard sector shaft spline as it enters the pitman arm.

BCC4A752-7474-45F4-BC02-73EB3447C962.jpeg

The spline end of the upgrade shaft is a bigger diameter, hence having to change the pitman arm at the same time.

Hmm,
From what I've been told, the 1998-2005 105 has a bigger sector shaft at 32mm ?
and I've also been told the 2006-2007 105 has a bigger sector shaft again at 34mm.

Currently stuck between a Rock and a hard place as both my 80's have fucked sector shafts, the tourer is twisted and then, there's the race car, which
I can't believe it hasn't snapped already.

Hmm there's a 2019 calendar shot right there. If you have the original.

Back