Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Genuine Toyota C/V joints

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Went into my local Toyota dealer earlier to pick up a couple of bushes for the rear lateral control arm.

While I was there I asked the parts guy for a price for a front C/V joint. He said "unfortunately you can't buy just the outer joint, it comes attached to the drive shaft complete with inner joint" :doh:

Once I had educated him about the design of these agricultural 80's we drive, he did that sucking in air through teeth thing and said "you're going to be talking a couple of hundred pounds". I said if you can do then for that I'll have two please :icon-biggrin:

He disappeared into his bunker and tapped away on the keyboard. When he came out it was a different story..... ker-fekin-ching £871.80 EACH :shock: I normally only fit genuine spares to my baby, but that is taking the pish surely.

As my 80 is an early one I was thinking of getting a couple of these until I saw Rog's photo's on this thread. The ones in the Milners kit are HDK :doh:

So what's the best compromise/alternative, or should I just get acouple of those kits and then buy another CV as a spare?

Last edited:
Julian V told me that the Milner / HDK ones are fine for gentle greenlaning / over landing / road use.

Ive got nearly 100,000 miles out of mine. Serviced twice in that time, clicking now and could do with replacing.

Anything harder then best to avoid.

hi put an HDK one on my old colorado last year, then when i had more funds decided i wanted genuine, so sourced one via JW and fitted it and kept the HDK as emergency spare

I'm ready for a fall I think, because on 19 March 2008 I fitted a pair of "Interparts" CV joints (part no. OJ-0248) to my 80 and they cost me £144.01 each. They have never been 'serviced' since.

Since then I've done 140k kms and a lot of offroad, maybe not rock crawling or severe stuff I admit, but plenty of it and not so meek at that!

I will certainly regret saying this, but I have no leaks, no knocks, or snatching and touching wood, they're still performing OK.

Who are "Interparts" anyway, has anyone heard of them? I've not seen them ever get a mention on this forum.

http://interparts.com/

Don't know them. Might be worth getting to know them. There are cheap CVs and then ridiculously priced one. There is nothing in between.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We have a branch of " Interparts " in High Wycombe in Bucks Clive

Well, I can't specifically vouch for them, only reporting the facts. You know how it is , someone buys them and they let go after 5,000 miles! Oops!
I was amazed how long ago I fitted them, seems like yesterday!

Julian V told me that the Milner / HDK ones are fine for gentle greenlaning / over landing / road use.

Ive got nearly 100,000 miles out of mine....
As I don't do any radical axle twisting, plus the fact I don't have a front locker, the HDK's + a spare sound the best option so far.

.... on 19 March 2008 I fitted a pair of "Interparts" CV joints (part no. OJ-0248) to my 80 and they cost me £144.01 each. They have never been 'serviced' since.

Since then I've done 140k kms and a lot of offroad,....
Just followed Chris' link and they don't list Land Cruiser as an option.... Googled Interparts and found a company with that name who supply JCB spares.... well I guess these 80 are old tractors after all :icon-biggrin:

Thanks for the feedback so far :thumbup:

Back