Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Genuine Toyota Parts

Dances with Chimps

Country Flag
uk
Hello everyone, my name is Carl, I have just joined the forum after meeting some of you at this years 4 x 4 show in Stratford. Thanks to those who gave me invaluable advice about my new purchase (Import 1993 Toyota Landcruiser 4.2 TD) and directed me to this website.

My query is where do I source genuine Toyota parts for this age of vehicle. Ive checked online for things like radiator cap, door seals and thermostat but can only find after market parts. I could source from breakers but as I have a problem with over heating at the moment I wanted to spend some money on genuine parts as I expect to be taking this through Africa in the future, any advice gratefully received!!

Hi Carl and welcome.
Look up Amayama.com. Other members have used Partsouq (but I have no experience of them) who send out genuine parts from Japan and Saudi respectively.

There is also Simon Holton who supplies from a UK Toyota dealership with a club discount.

Thanks StarCruiser for the info. As the engine is the same as the UK model, would it be possible to use UK spec parts so that they could be ordered domestically? If so, who would be best to contact in the UK to source parts?
Many thanks again, Carl

Hi fella, good to meet you. Nice looking 80. As said really, I wouldn't worry about it being an import. An 80 is an 80 pretty much.

Some parts from Milner are very good too. We'll steer you off the ones we don't like.

Chris

Hi fella, good to meet you. Nice looking 80. As said really, I wouldn't worry about it being an import. An 80 is an 80 pretty much.

Some parts from Milner are very good too. We'll steer you off the ones we don't like.

Chris

Hey Chris, thanks again for your help. I was glad to get the thumbs up from you and many of the club members at the weekend, im pretty happy with the 80 and am intent on making her as near perfect as possible so I can reliably on her when I head off the beaten track in a year. I've already bought a comprehensive tool kit which I think is a bargain, at a fraction of its release cost -

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/bahco-s910-91-piece-socket-set-1-4-inch-1-2-inch-and-dynamic-drive-p14019

I just need to learn how to use it :) My brother and I have been working on her this week and replacing all those aged parts, ill make do with non essentials door frames etc, but would like the genuine parts for essentials.

Just make sure you tighten those belts!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Your local toyota dealer should give you 10% discount if you talk to them nicely, apparently this is there trade discount. The vast majority of there parts are well overpriced thought, but sometimes they can surprise you.

milner and rough trax sell some genuine parts at "reasonable" prices too, makes sure they say genuine or oem though else they will be aftermarket.

My little brother used to work at Bacho, he has (in my dads garage) a complete tool chest, full of never used tools, still wrapped up.......it will never be used as he lives in China, with no intention of coming back - next stop is retirement on some Island somewhere! I keep asking if I can put them to use, but........one day is all he says!

oh yes, Simon has some good prices :)

Once you compare the Prices of CV joints between UK dealership and Amayama, 2-3 weeks wait becomes quite tolerable…pleasing even. £800 in the UK, £180 or so from Amayama plus import.

:blush:
Nice of you to say, but still learning here, just happened to have his details handy. One thing that might help is getting hold of a parts list. By cross referencing between somewhere like http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/cartypelist.php?maker=toyota&type=791140 (some illustrations missing) http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/ (their diagrams don't work for me) and Amayama, you can get an idea of possible savings on genuine bits. Amayama are good for larger things, but as has been said, allow for import tax and VAT (and £13.50 Royal Mail charges, grr) and a fair wait (mainly at UK customs, grr) which can make small orders a borderline saving. As has already been said, Roughtrax and Milners have some genuine parts and are worth checking with too.

TOYO diagrams only work if you are a member. You have to be recommended by an existing member, sign up and then they work. You can't just go to their website and see them.

Ah, that would explain it, thanks. I did sign up but still no diagrams.

That's odd. If someone proposed you and you responded to a link then you should see the diagrams.

Kind of the same here - have been a member for quite a long time ... and I did have diagrams at one point. But I was never invited/recommended/proposed me.

I just joined without being proposed too, I put it down to possibly being some sort of copyright issue.

Only works if you are proposed as it were by a current member. It is a copyright issue. Mr T got rather cross so they had to form a sort of closed membership.

This explains why I've never been able to see the pretty pictures!

Back