Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Germans to ban the internal combustion engine by 2030

Same rumours in Belgium as well.
It's a result of the paris climate agreement.

The Germans are working on it already. The Extremfahrzeuge company developed an electric cruiser for use in the mining industry. Range on road 150 km, range off road 60 km.
http://www.extremfahrzeuge.com/electriccruiser.html

Last edited:
"While larger approvals will still need to go through the legislative process, the fact that the country with the fourth-largest auto industry in the world is spearheading such sweeping change is a big sign of where we’re headed. It’s a road paved with slow-moving politicians making incremental changes and hoping the industry will warm up to the idea of not killing us all."

Don't they realise that an engine of some sort has to be turning (mostly) to charge the batteries?

Lunacy in motion!

However, that cruiser looks interesting Wout, although it looks like it's simply an engine swap job. Me, I'd put a motor on each wheel with control. Then you have ultimate 4 wheel drive. Simpler drivetrain, probably less weight in it too.

Karl, fancy a project…:lol:

Well it'll keep me busy fixing them lol.

Interestingly though it's reckoned less then 1% of techs in the UK are qualified to work on electric vehicle's, that would need to change.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's not even 80 Clive, I would hope you make that with ease.

Give them an EU army and they can ban anything they want .

Well whilst it's not a simple thing to change (what about foreign vehicles delivery goods?) it's the way transport is going unless there's a new technological break through and they end up the betamax of the automotive world

Isn't this a bit like turkeys voting for Christmas?

Unless their auto industry can produce enough zero emission cars affordably, then that will be a huge blow to their economy - as new car sales are going to drop dramatically.

With the latency of political decisions becoming reality, I don't think 14 years if long enough to implement such a scheme.........even if they do, if Britain is out of the EU, it won't apply to us anyway.

I'm guessing it would take longer for a total ban, and perhaps grandfathering rights for existing vehicles. I can completely believe that new ICE vehicles will be phased out by then or not long after, unlikely existing ones will be "banned".... though LEZs may be a genuine restriction.

Too many cigs Rich, maybe .... if I can give 'em up... :lol:
I'm in the same boat, got an e-cig from the coop last year, works very well, quit for many months but now sneaking a few here and there, ha. Still my smoking is about 1/10th of what it used to be, hard one to quit!

Back