Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Good and a bit of bad news

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
You will all be please to know after 4 months the LC90 has return from the garage all fix and cost me a bomb

Now the sad news for me (not for you lot) the LRD1 has left these shores for good and is on it way to Bulgaria for future use by me

You will all be please to know after 4 months the LC90 has return from the garage all fix and cost me a bomb

Now the sad news for me (not for you lot) the LRD1 has left these shores for good and is on it way to Bulgaria for future use by me

If it's for future use by you Mike, it can't be too sad, can it?

Think ahead to the reunion... trouble is, once you've got used to the comforts of the Cruiser (which will take a good 10 minutes) you won't want to get into the D1 again...

sorry but will always love the d1
i like the 90 that is the problem
d1 bits are cheap and easy to get
90 bits are very dear and hard to get in the UK ( still waiting for a set of rock sliders from Australia)
so far the d1 has cost me about £6000 in 7 years
the 90 has cost me so far £4000 in 18 months and has still not seen any mud and still not ready for any trips
so cost per mile its the d1 so far

Last edited:
Well, you've gotta love a Land Rover that's for sure.

well it broken down in Hungary with a knack water pump
Part order and will arrive Monday
Easy fix for the driver about 2 hours work
the other couple are carrying on to Bulgaria on sunday

V__1B31.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Whatever floats your boat Mike, you have to go with what you like, I hope both your loves will trundle forward for as long as you need them.

we he made it back to Bulgaria but got this message this morning about repairs i have not ask to be done by him but we can do ourselves
thinking put it in storage in Bulgaria might req a rethink very soon

I am home very tired but in one piece, any work done here is done by me, my workshop is how i make my living, I will let you know of extra cost of break down when i return from Ukraine

we he made it back to Bulgaria but got this message this morning about repairs i have not ask to be done by him but we can do ourselves
thinking put it in storage in Bulgaria might req a rethink very soon

I would send him a very simple message:

"You are only to carry out work specifically authorized in writing, by me (or whoever). Any work done by you which is not authorized by me in writing, will not be chargeable or paid, unless by separate agreement".

I was thinking that myself but you put it better that i would have done
thanks for that

It's a bit formal Mike, but I'm guessing you're unlikely to be under contract between you guys.

The last thing you need is a bill running up just because business is a bit slow, his end...

Back