Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Good or Bad?

And just look at that V8 diesel all squeezed into that inline 6!!! I smell a rat!!

Is the autobox judder the seller describes a symptom of the TC issue on the early 100s? (......to do with a plastic bush or similar?)

Is the autobox judder the seller describes a symptom of the TC issue on the early 100s? (......to do with a plastic bush or similar?)

tell me more, where is the plastic bush?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Do you mean the bronze bush in the gearbox oil pump Chad?

Not sure Karl, it was something that affected the first 2-3 years of production and related to the torque convertor - something along the lines of a plastic bush/ring being replaced by a brass/metal one? IIRC.

I'm sure I recall Drew's 100 had had that part replaced by the PO........I'll do a quick search.

ADD : found this....from Julian (the original owner of Drew's ex-100 mentioned above)

....another thing worth a mention, is the 98-early2000 diesel models had a poorly specced Torque converter with a washer that falls apart, debris then gets pumped around the gearbox making a bit of a mess about £1600 to put right

Last edited:
I would say it looks like a money pit to me, if I was buying a 100 that age it would be a GX manual, thereby circumnavigating the two problem areas.

Back