Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got my new 80 series at last

Looking forwards to selling our BMW as well... great... Anyone want an E46 BMW 320d Touring auto, FSH 111,000 miles, summer and winter wheels and tyres, new MOT and 6 months tax?

It was much easier selling my Volvo bit by bit... and then sending it to the scrappy for £150 per ton!

Last edited:
Looking forwards to selling our BMW as well... great... Anyone want an E46 BMW 320d Touring auto, FSH 111,000 miles, summer and winter wheels and tyres, new MOT and 6 months tax?

It was much easier selling my Volvo bit by bit... and then sending it to the scrappy for £150 per ton!

Might be interested in your BMW mate, whats the price you're looking at, PM me if you like.

Chris, you've done your good deed of the day

Got to tell you about yesterday. Just to make me feel better.

E-bay advert popped up with no pics. One of those kinda under the radar ads that people miss. So, blue, P reg, 140k miles, good ad with nothing in it that shouldn't be - like heated number plates and selectable 6 wheel drive. Only 100 miles away too. So I rang the bloke. He said, 'Just about to put some pics up". Chatted to him told him what I wanted, he indicated that this was straight and square. So I said, right, get the pics on and if it looks decent, expect me in the morning at 10.30.

Late on, the pics appear, so I ring him straight away. It rings and rings until voicemail come in. I leave a message. I had already mailed him too. Said I liked it and if it checked out below the waist, I'd drive it away. Left him contact details. I found a second email addy for him, so sent him another detailed message.

That night, I Googled the B'Jesus out of him and his business. Now, his site says he's been a faimily business for 60 years and has other stuff. But his address is the middle of an Asda car park. But Google Earth can be a bit behind and in little towns like Burnley, streets get chopped in half by things like this.

Up early, big bag of cash etc etc, flew up there. Took 2 hours and got there bang on opening time. Obviously I couldn't see him there, so I rang him.
"Hi it's Chris, I'm up to see the Cruiser only I can't find you"

"No you aren't" he says. "Not today - you should've rung, like you are now, where are you?"

"in Asda's car park - whadya mean not today?"

"No chance, not today, far too busy, I've all sorts to do, you should have let me know"

"Like when I rang you yesterday, and then left you a message on you voicemail?"

"I haven't checked my messages"

"Well then that's not much help is it, but it's why I sent you two e-mails to make sure"

"Oh, I haven't checked my e-mails"

"So, what can we do then?"

"Nothing"

"Nothing, why not, I've driven 2 hours to see this, I might as well see it at least"

"Not going to happen, anyway, it's just gone in for an MOT"

"Right I'll go and see it there then"

"Nooo, noo. Sorry fella. No, you can't do that"

"Why not?"

"It's not there at the minute - where you are; it's in Rochdale"

"Ok so what next, I have wasted my time"

"Well, it's a lovely day and the countryside is beautiful, there's plenty to go and see"

Me, keeping calm "No I don't think I shall bother, I have another one to go and look at that I think I might buy instead"

"Well I don't mind that, anyway, the Missus isn't too keen on selling it anyway"

End of conversation. I won't swear, but if you take every single expletive that you have ever heard, string them all together and spit nails whilst you scream them into a cupboard, you won't even be close. :angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:

Obviously today, having read his mails and taken his messages, he's now up to speed, has rung me and apologised profusely, offered me first refusal and an assurance of a good deal obviously. HAS HE F*&%!!!!!!

Chross not Chris

I am glad to have read your post - We were scheduled to go there tomorrow (Sat) to see the truck. It's nearly 3 hrs driving time where we are. Guess you've just saved us a wasted trip and more importantly the stress that I can do without atm

Thanks

Well to be fair I should point out that I am still trying to buy this vehicle. I have certain lines of enquiry at the second with a view to getting my hands on it

Chris

No no Chris ... you can't be fair on the mystical blue beast that is your future 80. If you missed one it really would become the forum's unicorn ;) :whistle::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Every time I think I'll sell my 95 and move on/up to an 80 I remember to read a thread like this & think just how many scum there are out there trying to rip honest blue unicorn hunters off! I end up realising that I'm the kind of bloke they love 'cos I somehow expect them to be as straight to deal with as I am (fool :doh:). I think I should just keep my 95 - so little has ever had to be done to it & just sailed through another MOT this week without any advisories (even the handbrake works:dance:)!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well surprise surprise, the chap has just rung me back. I sent him a last chance emial. Seems he's not on his computer very often "Eeh, I am reet busy lad I tell thee...' So it is for sale, still and I am going to arrange to go back and have a look and see if there is a deal to be done.

I like it, it fits the bill, unless something else comes along in the meantime ......

Chris

Well I hope you get to see it this time and it does live up to your expectations.:thumbup:

Ask him to drive it to yours or knock him down a further £100 for fuel for the previous trip.

Good luck Chris, you can chalk your vote on the colour poll then! :lol:

I saw an add for a Range Rover in 1975. Just a telephone number. So phone and arranged to meet at a specific point on A5 which turned out to be his office= telephone box. Nice gentleman, born in Ireland, with dog, kids, FGW, caravan etc. So I thought...................and gave him £2000 cash. No log book, nothing and I just risked it. Everything was OK!!

Frank

Oh I don't think this bloke is dodgy, just not very smart. If he's lying then he lies very very consistently. My scouts have all received exactly the same details.

With it being Lincomb this weekend, I can't really get to see it unless I can do it on BH Monday - which of course he won't be able to do of course because he has to get his hair cut or something.

Chris

Well this just keeps getting better and better.

I sent him a text this week. I am up your way on Monday (20th) can I drop by and have a look.

No, not for sale anymore, keeping it as a 2nd car.

Well that's been a waste of my time then, odd way to run a car sales business

You've messed me about. Fed up of messers. You said you were coming last week. Now you are sending me e-mails (huh?) wanting to come next week Fed up of messers that's why I am not selling it

Think you have the wrong chap - never said anything about last week. Not spoken to you in ages

Silence

Anyway - it's just popped up on screen at a reduced price WTF!!!!!! It does look good but what am I supposed to do? You can't buy something when a bloke just won't deal with you. He told me that my mate in Lincoln had been ringing him. What mate in Lincoln? He told me 'my mate' had a mate who was interested - and that must be me? How'd he work that out. The bloke is crackers. I would pay the new price. If it were tidy underneath and drove straight I'd have it. Anyone got any ideas? Sensible ones please. Assassination is not an option

Chris

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181141780386&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Got to shoot across to bradford at some point in the next week to see spindrift. Burnley is only a few mile further over if you want me to try and arrange a viewing.

Maybe call/text him on a friends phone or a cheap pay as you go, and see if his response is slightly different?

Ring up again from a different phone, put on a different voice, say it is first time you've called, play dumb (i.e. don't let on you know what you are on about / don't ask any questions), and try and arrange a time to view it with a view to driving it away if it hits the mark......

Well, the Missus is going to ring in the morning. So we'll see how that goes. Different phone, yes. What I don't want is the new price to attract a buyer and it be gone before I can do anything. Mind you, I am still not sure it's for sale!!!! Chris, that might be an option matey. It isn't a lot further and in any case I think it's in Rochdale anyway. Even better. Maybe we can see what he says tomorrow if Missus Chris says she wants someone to come and have a look at it. Thing is as soon as he sees my name for the V5 he's going to have another turn.

forget it, move on, he's a tosser and it's probably crusty as a good pie underneath if it's even his to sell.

I know Jon, I know. You are right. But apart from frustration it doesn't cost anything to look. Shame to see someone else in it and it be a peach!

Chris

Back