Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Got one at last but height adjust seemed very slow.

David Ketley

Country Flag
great_britain
Just purchased a 2009 invincible with 32000mls on the clock.
The undersealing on these Landcruisers is just rubbish. Luckily there is only very slight surface rust showing.
Knocked money off for undersealing and changing to springs but how quickly should the height adjust system respond? No warning lights on the dash.

Just purchased a 2009 invincible with 32000mls on the clock.
The undersealing on these Landcruisers is just rubbish. Luckily there is only very slight surface rust showing.
Knocked money off for undersealing and changing to springs but how quickly should the height adjust system respond? No warning lights on the dash.
Its not instant , as its a compressor filling the airbags , I can't remember how long ,as I only ever tried it once when I bought it about 4 years ago , I think it took about 20 secs to fully rise the 30mm over the normal position . you have to be stopped or under 19 mph in selecting hi mode , and once selected will revert back to normal mode above 31 mph , 32k miles is low well done , I have late 2009 (july) invincible it had 69k miles when I got it 4 years ago cost me £16k trade price back then .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will get a main dealer to check for fault codes or its Springs all round.
Know any good garages in the Manchester Buxton area?

I think I will get a main dealer to check for fault codes or its Springs all round.
Do you mend these motors Tony?
Very little time to sort things myself.
Got it for £20,000 but £4000 off for part x our old Hyundai, very pleased to get a good one at last.

How long does it take to rise to hi mode , if it has a leak it will sag overnight , but these airbags are long lasting gear , especially if not used in servier off road conditions that might damage the suspension .

Do you mend these motors Tony?
Very little time to sort things myself.
Got it for £20,000 but £4000 off for part x our old Hyundai, very pleased to get a good one at last.
I live in Cyprus now , but I lived in Huddersfield , I have a Rough Trax suspension kit for it if I have to change it , but I hope I don't have to change it for many years to come , I love it how it is , but when it comes to changing it I will do it myself , the kit comes with all the instructions and is straightforward to fit .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was owned by an old guy who has given up driving, never been off road in fact I doubt that the low range has ever been engaged except by me today. 32000 miles in 10 years perfect.

It was owned by an old guy who has given up driving, never been off road in fact I doubt that the low range has ever been engaged except by me today. 32000 miles in 10 years perfect.
yes it sounds great , the difference in the interior with the late invincible model is the black walnut wood is real wood and not fake wood like all the other 120s , I was used to owning Lexus cars so I hated the plastic centre armrest box lid , so I got a leather cover made to fit 120s on ebay for £30 , it makes all the difference to the feel of the interior and was quite easy to fit apart from the sliding mec that is a faff to undo , but once done 1 hour to fit , it would take 15 mins to do it again when you find how everything fits .

Back