Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GPS Visualizer

Thats pretty neat - when you say
24Seven said:
This will only work for a limited time
is that just the map you have provided Matt?

Managed to zoom in on our campsite from t'other week just fine :cool:

Very handy tool. Was just having a peak at some of the tracks in the Pyreneese :)

EDIT: P.S. made it a sticky, seems like it should be.

Gav Peter said:
Thats pretty neat - when you say
24Seven said:
This will only work for a limited time
is that just the map you have provided Matt?

Managed to zoom in on our campsite from t'other week just fine :cool:

That's only because it's hosted by their website, if it was hosted on your own it would be there forever.

You can convert a route into Google Earth format, download the link and then email it to others, I think you can also do the same with Google maps.

You could do very quickly a day by day route guide to share, or take a screen shot and turn into an Image for a trip report for example, if it was on your own web space people could zoom in and out and see the various different formats, Map, Arial, terrain view etc.

I think it's great. :mrgreen:

24Seven said:
That's only because it's hosted by their website, if it was hosted on your own it would be there forever.
Do you mean there's an option to host their software on your own web site, or are you talking about hosting the waypoint file? Either way I can make space for it if anyone wants to experiment :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
24Seven said:
Do you mean there's an option to host their software on your own web site, or are you talking about hosting the waypoint file? Either way I can make space for it if anyone wants to experiment :)

No, I think you save the output of the route you submit, the FAQ explains far better than I could.

If anyone wants that Strata route file to have a play around with, then PM me your email address.

(We cannot upload small files here can we?)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
GPS visualizer is one of the best thing that you can use for a complete or planned route. However, the main problem is that it works only for a limited period of time. You can plan and share information for the same. It is also one of the most handy tools.

Back