Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Green Lane routes

:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done :D

I've only had a quick look @ one & I have to take my hat off :mrgreen:

What a cracking thing to have access to :D

Thank you :thumbup:

Grrr, Macs DO have a right click. For the last ten years at least. And they right click better than PCs!

Hrumph.

Crispin thank you so much!!!

Chris, don't tell 'em, especially not about Lion and those trackpad gestures...

is there any chance that these can be made "private"

perhaps to members with over 25 posts or somethiing?

its too easy for anybody to find them and go and trash the places- ie people who don't follow the treadlightly approach.

Re: Re: Green Lane routes

pugwash said:
is there any chance that these can be made "private"

perhaps to members with over 25 posts or somethiing?

its too easy for anybody to find them and go and trash the places- ie people who don't follow the treadlightly approach.

They are. Only members with over 50 posts can see them. *holds thumbs*

I'll also be securing the download so only members can download them.

If you log out the post should vanish.

Sent from TapaTalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Was looking at the Wales route in Google Maps and wanted to suggest something to you. There is a route on the map that goes from Llynclys to Lake Bala, via Penybontfawr. There's a ford that might be worth a quick detour - as the B4396 turns off (stays the B4396 but the road carries on as the B4580), the ford is to the left after the B4580, just after the river.

This one:

Aber Rhaeadr on http://www.wetroads.co.uk/powys.htm

PS, I could see the routes, but only had 49 posts before this one :lol:

piers_finlayson said:
PS, I could see the routes, but only had 49 posts before this one :lol:
:shock: will check on that (and then read the rest of the post :ugeek: )

Not wanting to sound petty guys, but I'm pretty sure that at least a dozen of these routes are the one I converted. Not that I mind them being used at all but a little kudos wouldn't have gone a miss

Chris

You are correct in saying that you deserve kudos as all I have done is collect them. I was in conversation with Mario and mentioned if he had any gpx files from his trips and the next thing I know I get an email from a "Chris" with a load of gpx files which seemed to be some kind of mailer i had been added too. I did email you back on two occasions once to say thank you and the second to ask for any further gpx files but got no reply. Now that you have posted and I have put 2 and 2 together feel free to take all the kudos you like.

Now that I know it’s you do you have any more we could add?

:naughty:

Bit cheeky publishing other peoples routes without even asking, one of those is Jon's which I shared with you because you were after information for a weekend in Wales, you know who deserved the thanks but other will not, even has my nicknames for the route.

No one actually said "I made this and it's mine". Maybe the guy who drove them for the very first time deserves the credit?

Let's rather keep the thread on-topic as a list of decent green lane routes.

This is a collection of routes that some might find useful - if you have any, could you share them? If they top secret, that is fine, keep them.
If there are any known illegal, closed or otherwise copyrighted routes, I can delete them.

thanks
CP

don't worry about any route being sourced from me, though I appreciate the thought Matt.

I would just mention though that having the route and knowing exactly where to go on that route or if there are extra things you should watch out for is where a lot of people are running into problems. Strata is the prime example of being easy to be off the RoW even if you have a GPS track but there are others and then there are tracks that are best avoided in the wetter months or width problems ... In the good old days (joke :) ) you went out with someone experienced and got to know the tracks and the rights and wrongs from them, now everyone grabs a gpx and they're off down the wrong set of ruts like the person before them and before you know it the correct route looks like the wrong one and everyone who doesn't know better is driving way off the RoW :think:

Just to clarify, I meant no harm and wanted to upset no one or pull the wool over anyone’s eyes. All I have done is publish what is public information and is available on a paper map in digital format for the benefit of those on the forum. If I have upset you I am sorry and the best thing to do is delete the file. If not then please help me grow the "data base" for the benefit of those wanting to get out and drive what few trails we have left.

Crispin perhaps the best thing to do is to take my name off the list of trails so not to confuse others into thinking I have driven the trails but rather just have a general list. I am not looking for credit but what is the use of having a trail if you are not willing to share it after all it is accessible to those with a map and an adventurous spirit.

Once again apologies for upsetting anyone.

When I First compiled the routs I did here Crispin asked me to mail him them so that he could post them somehere like thiis so that they would be available for download, however I questioned the legalaties of it as they are mstly transcribed from the tulip diagrams in TOR and I thought it possible that they may have some sort of copyright claim.
same still applies but I suppose if warren didn't know that then OK.

Would it help if Ii added the TOR advice/warnings at the various points of the routes to help with narrow lanes and wrong tracks etc.

Some great routes there, thanks for sharing, after all, thats essentially what we are all here for ,,,, right?

from who ever found them,
from who ever digitised them,
from who ever found them,

Big thanks to you all,

Graham

Back