Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Greetings from belgium

chriscolleman

I've been driven around in and driving landcruisers for most of my life.
36 years of age at the moment.

Knowing the quality standards of these vehicles that totals just 3 vehicles.
A 40 series dad drove me around in, my first cruiser was a battered 2.4 TD 70 I fixed up together with dad.
The 70 transformed itself from a standard cruiser to a trail cruiser, springs, bullbar, winch, mud tires, etc.

Along the way and with the cruiser lot from the local 4x4 guru I grew quite passionate about the straight 6 4.2 diesel.
Running trails now and again I had to have diff locks. Because that was what my 70 was lacking.
Power and traction.

Along came an 80 from the lot of a used car salesman. It had the magic ingredients, a straight 6 and diff locks.
It also had a few modifications and dents left over from a trip to Africa.
A modest lift, 285 BFG AT tires, intercooler and a tranny you had to double clutch.

I bought the 80, sold the 70 and was in straight 6 and diff lock heaven.

The rest as they say is history, bit by bit the cruiser was resurected to its former glory.
If something broke or was worn out it was replaced by an upgrade or oem quality.
In the meantime the vehicle was driven at weekends as a fishing, trailriding rig.

Then I discovered the mighty Polaris 4x4 ATV and the 80 became the ever capable towing and backup vehicle.
Recently I decided to sell, but found out I couldn't really part with my 80.
I found this forum and realised I wasn't the only nutter let loose on this world :lol:

Hi Chris, welcome
Where abouts in Belgium are you

Hi and welcome aboard from another newbie. :thumbup:

Hi and welcome!
But remember...
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

Attachments

• worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif
    worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif
    39 KB · Views: 82
Welcome to the forum!! Assume you're from the US originally? Can't be too many places in Belgium to get your Cruiser properly muddy?

Im from Ostend in Belgium.

As for getting the cruiser muddy, well I have to drive a decent bit into France to do some trails.
If you can really call it that, mostly its gravel roads and the odd dirtroad through the country.

Im a second generation Canadian/ Belgian to be exact. Never actually fit in here, but I got used to it.

Cruiser pics just take a look at my dutch sales pitch.
Dont buy it though, I can't part with it yet. :mrgreen:

http://users.skynet.be/fa344846/toyota80.html

Haven't figured out how to post pics, I'm on an Ipad in the evenings.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Very nice looking motor Chris, can't understand most of the writing underneath the photos but does sound good.

First time I have seen different colour door handles, makes it stick out a little more, if you can say that with those tyres and front bumper.

Don't part with it, you'll regret it :naughty:

Yeah, nice looking rig Chris - what paint is that? It almost looks matt finish...

Original Toy green metallic, redone with a bit more pearl in it.

I remember someone saying too much of a good thing is utterly delightfull.
So a little more pearl was what Betsy needed :whistle:

Back