Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Thom Thinn

Country Flag
united_states
Hey guys, ladies ~

I'm so glad to have found this forum, although I might have known before now, there would of course be a Toyota Land Cruiser Club.
My only LC is a 1983 FJ60 which belonged to my friend and employer. He bought it in 1995 with 100K on the clock and I have been maintaining it ever since. But it has only been in my name since 2009.

I acquired it in a rather sorted way, I repossessed it from a junky nae-do-well, who refused to return it ( my friend loaned it to his neighbor) The creep was driving it around a full year out of registration with no insurance while running drugs. . .to give a short profile. So I regard her as a rescue pup. Her name is Nadine, and she has about 225,000 miles accumulated now.

Anyway, I have written a book in which this LC-FJ60 is actually a bit of a character. It is nonfictional (memoir)
and in the latter pages of the book (In the Wake of Sidney Jack) I have promised to restore her to a higher standard than what she came to us in.. .at 34 years, she has seen some better days.
So far, I have done the suspension (3" lift, tie-rod ends), brakes, aluminum radiator and an H55 conversion to name a few. As of now, I have settled on replacing the 2F engine with a 12HT ~ which I am certain won't be any easy peasey kind of and undertaking. However, I have patience, time and a decent job for now .
I've got a long way to go yet, so I am here for support, ideas, and friendship with those who recognize quality instinctively. . .which is why we own Land Cruisers ;)

Cheers to all and thanks for being here.
regards ~ Thom Thinn

image1.JPG

Well, Nadine looks quite fit in the photo Thom, I must say. Seen much worse than that being restored on here!

Are there any links to your book or excerpts from it? Sounds interesting...

Welcome to the forum :text-welcomewave:

:text-merryxmas: and a :text-happynewyear:

Last edited:
:text-welcomewave::text-welcomeconfet:Welcome Thom, and thanks for bringing Nadine to the party. As Clive has said, she's not in bad shape. As I recall, 34 wasn't a bad age at all and I hope my 80 looks that good at her age!

Good to have you aboard and look forward to hearing more (and seeing plenty of photos. :icon-biggrin:)
Best wishes and good luck restoring.
Richard

Welcome Thinn from another 60 enthusiast. Truck looks good but a 12HT conversion looks like an expensive option for an engine swap, I've had both engines the 2F and the 12HT and if you fit the Chevy straight 6 fuel injection it can transform the 2F without having to buy ( and probably rebuild) a 12HT lump and spend the difference on gas.
Just my opinion like.

Welcome Thom and Merry Christmas.

Love the 60. I see one of these in NZ all the time in the same colour and i just know im going to end up with one eventually.

Hi and welcome that is. A good cool looking cruiser you have :sunglasses: let's have more pics .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, Nadine looks quite fit in the photo Thom, I must say. Seen much worse than that being restored on here!

Are there any links to your book or excerpts from it? Sounds interesting...

Welcome to the forum :text-welcomewave:

:text-merryxmas: and a :text-happynewyear:

Thanks Clive ~ I have and Instagram page ThomThinn and Facebook Thom Thinn author which are the most active ~ I have a website that has a few entries www.SidneyJack.com
I'll try to post something specific about one for TLC entries and let you know.
Your interest is really appreciated. . .the book isn't really about Land Cruisers though. ..but it is about the character of a man who let most of the rest of his life fall apart, yet never his two Cruisers.

:text-welcomewave::text-welcomeconfet:Welcome Thom, and thanks for bringing Nadine to the party. As Clive has said, she's not in bad shape. As I recall, 34 wasn't a bad age at all and I hope my 80 looks that good at her age!

Good to have you aboard and look forward to hearing more (and seeing plenty of photos. :icon-biggrin:)
Best wishes and good luck restoring.
Richard

Thank you Richard ~ I just got it back from the transmission shop with a freshly rebuilt 5 speed H55 ~ replacing the nearly useless 4 sp H42 . ..it must sound odd to others that I'm so thrilled to able to travel @ 65 mph! But . ..it true...I'm really pleased. The other nice thing is the 1st gear is (H55F has 4.85 first, H42 has a 3.5 first gear ratio). Where I live in Los Angeles there is a street called Fargo. . .It is arguably the steepest paved residential road in USA. The H42 trans would NOT take that incline without putting in 4x4 low range.
hallelujah

Back