Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

GSF Slides/ GSF Promounts Customer service

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
In short, appalling. I can't recall being treated this badly by a business frankly. Maybe it's just me.

I ordered some sliders for drawers. They were 1000 mm. These were £65 post £10 carriage. With me so far?
I got a mail saying oops, our fault, we've sent you 900 mm by mistake. Charged you for 1000 mm but sent 900 mm.
Can you refuse the delivery? If you can, they'll come back to us and we'll send out the right ones.

Now, I was away from home. No one in to refuse them. I had already left a note with the courier that they were to leave without a signature. I needed them. As I was only going to be in one more day that week, this would mean that I'd have no chance of getting the sliders now for the weekend because GSF would not send another set until these had returned to base. It was too late to contact the courier and they had already been left for me at home.

I made them an offer. I suggested that I'd buy these, keep them and order another set to be delivered Weds when I was in. But, I asked for some recognition of the fact that I was rescuing their error. The logical thing would be to order a pair of 900's to set the score straight at least but if I did that, the chances were that I'd get ANOTHER pair of 900's. Still with me?

So, I had to order another pair of 1000 mm slides. This meant that they now owed me a credit for the difference between the first 900 / 1000 set. They did agree to this.

I then made the point that in fairness I should also be credited the additional £10 carriage that I had occurred in getting the right slides. They tried to argue that if I was prepared to keep the first set which was entirely my choice (well it was a forced hand really) then I'd obviously wanted two sets in the first place and therefore I'd have had to pay two lots of carriage. Are you serious?

They then offered to come and collect the original set and credit me. Maybe I should take them up on that, but now I have them, I can use them in the build - so I'd prefer to keep them I suppose. They obviously will incur a charge for collection. After pressing them further they have offered me a voucher for 10% off my next purchase. So, hands up who thinks it likely that I'll be going back then?

I said I wanted to escalate this and they told me their MD would call me. I mailed again to say he had not rung yet. I was told he had but there was no answer. I dialled 1471. Nope, no number logged. I then gave them two numbers and they said they'd call straight away. Well it's 17.00 and no call. I made it clear I was out Thursday and Friday and could not take calls. So will I hear from them? Will they refund the difference I am entitled too? Will they refund the postage I should not have incurred? Is there such a thing as a reliable Landrover?

Who knows. But if you want sliders sure get them from GSF. If you have an issue and expect it to be rectified, you might be disappointed. I've spent £150 with them and they can't even call me back.

Well, no call from the MD but had a note to say they'd refund the difference and the additional postage. That's all I'd ever asked for. Not trying to screw them for something free. Very disappointing experience.

I have to say Chris I had a very different experience with them. I ordered my slides at the beginning of December and after a week I rang up asking where they were as it said delivery in a couple of days. The lady on the phone was very helpful and rang me back 2 or 3 times in the next few days with updates. I was in no rush for them though and they finally turned up at the beginning of February as they had been out of stock, again the lady rang me to say they had been sent out and should be with me "tomorrow."
Hope it gets sorted for you for the better.

Not so good stories either of them really I wouldn't wait 3 months for a set of rollers.

I was thinking of ordering might look elsewhere now. Wasn't the md a member here?

They did offer me other slides or a refund in the meantime but i said i'd just wait for the ones i wanted as the 800mm locking slides were out of stock. Really i had no problem. It's a shame, maybe the nice lady i spoke to is on holiday, honestly i found her very helpful.
I agree with Chris though, their f$%k up should be at their cost.

Very quick to respond Nick, just not fast to act. I'd a mind to cancel both and get them to pick up both. You can't afford to have upset customers no matter what the issues might be. Their delivery (speed) was 100 %. The product is lovely. But all that pales when trust and promises are broken. All this stemmed from THEIR simple mistake. Something equally simple to remedy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, no call from the MD but had a note to say they'd refund the difference and the additional postage. That's all I'd ever asked for. Not trying to screw them for something free. Very disappointing experience.

Hello Chris,

I've just read your post regarding the poor service you received. I am Jon Lye, Technical Director and member of this site. unfortunately I do not get involved in customer complaints unless they are associated with quality or performance, so have been unaware of events. I have called a meeting tomorrow with the staff who would have been involved in this issue, including our MD. I am not at all impressed with poor service and I will get to the bottom of this ASAP.

I will post an official, open reply as soon as I have the facts straight from all concerned. Until then please accept my sincere apologies.

Jon

Jon, response very much appreciated. It all got sorted in the end but it was quite frustrating and required me to push all the way. And I still have a spare set of lovely sliders that I don't yet have a use for.

But as I said, it was resolved in the end. Incidentally, I never did receive the future discount voucher.

Regards

Chris

Back