Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

guess the winning bid

They're going for AUD$10k+ in that state at the moment going by the 40 series pages on Facebook - mix of destinations that they are eligible to be exported to I think has had some impact.

Good HJ47s (especially +T'd ones) are now often AUD$20k mark.

So, if you get change from about £12 you'd be doing well.

They're going for AUD$10k+ in that state at the moment going by the 40 series pages on Facebook - mix of destinations that they are eligible to be exported to I think has had some impact.

Good HJ47s (especially +T'd ones) are now often AUD$20k mark.

So, if you get change from about £12 you'd be doing well.
Interesting.. cheers for that mate.. id like to use it as is. doesn't look like it needs a lot to get it on the road.. don't know about the spares market in the UK. but there are a few in the uk I think

Just had a look on mobile.de and they're sitting around the €15-18k mark for one on the road, €10k for one that might need some work... but those are often BJ45s rather than HJ47s, so the 2H probably makes it worth a bit more

Nice find - agree on the face of it, that shouldn't take a huge amount to get road legal (at least based on the pics and info).

Also spotted this at the same time:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-HJ45-Pick-Up-Recent-Extensive-Restoration-3600-Diesel/123165711398?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49129&meid=835f4e148f70467ea52d74581817619a&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=12&sd=292540228030&itm=123165711398&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Looks tidy, but the pick up bed looks odd to me - is this correct for this model? Also looks to be slightly leaning to the back??

Few bits not right on it compared to mine (and others that I've seen):
-That tub isn't right, it should follow the lines more
-There's no heater knob, and some of the other knobs are in the wrong spots
-The interior isn't right, seat and door cards, as well as the glove box lid and speedo surround are wrong colours

I'm sure some of the others will add to the list....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice find - agree on the face of it, that shouldn't take a huge amount to get road legal (at least based on the pics and info).

Also spotted this at the same time:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-HJ45-Pick-Up-Recent-Extensive-Restoration-3600-Diesel/123165711398?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=49129&meid=835f4e148f70467ea52d74581817619a&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=12&sd=292540228030&itm=123165711398&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Looks tidy, but the pick up bed looks odd to me - is this correct for this model? Also looks to be slightly leaning to the back??
That ones been sitting on ebay for quite a while now.. I prefer the troopy. be nice to get it road legal and just use as is...ps is that 4.litre engine the same as is in a 60 series.

The HJ45 has the H motor, the HJ47 has the 2H

I think the HJ60 is the 2H, and HJ61 is 12H-T (which is the one you really want... and a mate has one in his HJ47 :) )

The HJ45 has the H motor, the HJ47 has the 2H

I think the HJ60 is the 2H, and HJ61 is 12H-T (which is the one you really want... and a mate has one in his HJ47 :) )
I see its got the 60 series 5speed box.. ah! well its sat at £4350 with 4 days to go. I cant see any reserve set..you just never know. and its only 30mins away from me.im just gonna massage my missus feet again and make her another cuppa !! she knows im up to something

I would go see this before bidding any more on it.

Do you know something I don't GOK.. if the bidding finished now id be happy

Well, is far from being a 'stock' vehicle. With all the bits and bobs changed / added etc, and I can't imagine spares being either cheap nor readily available .. best to know what you are getting into. It hasn't even been through the DVLA process to become street legal in the UK yet. Other than that - no idea beyond the advert :) and there isn't a whole lot in there.

Well, is far from being a 'stock' vehicle. With all the bits and bobs changed / added etc, and I can't imagine spares being either cheap nor readily available .. best to know what you are getting into. It hasn't even been through the DVLA process to become street legal in the UK yet. Other than that - no idea beyond the advert :) and there isn't a whole lot in there.
Your right. I have considered all the things you mention.. im sure the final bid will be beyond my budget.Thanks for your opinion tho..

Your right. I have considered all the things you mention.. im sure the final bid will be beyond my budget.Thanks for your opinion tho..
Well that is a surprise.... £7,100 it went for, less than most thought but more than I bid.maybe a bargain for someone. Ho Hum! (see first post)

Well that is a surprise.... £7,100 it went for, less than most thought but more than I bid.maybe a bargain for someone. Ho Hum! (see first post)
Below reserve anyway.

I bought a wheel from the guy a few weeks back, really nice bloke.

Below reserve anyway.

I bought a wheel from the guy a few weeks back, really nice bloke.
Yeh spoke to him once.. Does he deal in the aussie troopys or is it just a one off I think that's a few hes sold on ebay now. I never got round to asking him

It’s not his main thing but it suits him to bring them in. I know the grey ute and white 70’s troopy are also his.

Back