Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gullwing door Molle panel

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
As in the build thread for the gullwing doors really. I don't yet have a price and was holding this off until I did but if interested, pop your name down below with the qty 1, or 2. No absolute commitment at this stage and I'm hoping for around the £60 mark give or take per panel.

IMG_9800.JPG IMG_9802.JPG IMG_9803.JPG

Gullwing door Molle panels. (Not the whole door, sorry :) ) Lighting kit optional. 1,2 or 4 LEDs.

1, Chas 2

Last edited:
1, Chas 2
2, Chris - well at least one cos it's fitted and lit up

1, Chas 2
2, Chris - well at least one cos it's fitted and lit up
3, LandelSur 2 (with doors)

Probably the best place to put this although I might stick a pic on the panel thread too.

Got it properly wired in and some kit on there. Used flexible conduit to carry the wires over.The struts carry the weight with no problem at all.

Might put wine glasses on the other side. Hmm.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 10.18.52.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 10.18.42.jpg

Nice Chris. Pleased they hold the weight ok. :)
Is that using T nuts in the slots?

Actually T nuts were a bit grand Rich and the smaller slots are too small for that in any case. I just used machine screws, washers and nylocks.

I've got a folding saw to go up there. If only I could find the dammed thing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hmm, food for thought. :)
It will be interesting to see just what weight is acceptable and what causes the door to drop.

Can't remember if I've asked this before but do you have an ETA for these Rich?

I've got a trial pair gone in today for laser cutting. The fella that does the cutting seems to take 3 months to get to anything. :triumph: I've only got a rough price from him at the minute too, fortunately along the lines of what I was hoping so all is good so far.

I'll keep you posted. :)

I've got a trial pair gone in today for laser cutting. The fella that does the cutting seems to take 3 months to get to anything. :triumph: I've only got a rough price from him at the minute too, fortunately along the lines of what I was hoping so all is good so far.

I'll keep you posted. :)

No worries Chas, they'll be in time for Romania 2017, I guess ....

Runs and hides... :lol:

Rich, small suggestion. I'd perhaps make the cut out where the locking arm goes just a little wider - 5mm a side? And also the two bolt holes next to the lamps would be better as slots I think. Horizontally. A bit of wiggle room would be handy.

Rich, small suggestion. I'd perhaps make the cut out where the locking arm goes just a little wider - 5mm a side? And also the two bolt holes next to the lamps would be better as slots I think. Horizontally. A bit of wiggle room would be handy.

If you mean the mounting holes Chris they should already be slots. Not big ones but slots they should be. I did forget to amend the clearance to the side of the catches but elected to not reduce the part the catch rests against when open as there is plenty of room there.
I take your point on the side to side clearance as things could get trapped in there. 5mm a side sounds good.

Ok, time for an update, a big update. :)

These are now all but made. They are being punched not laser cut and unlike the prototypes are receiving 5mm x 50mm slots all over. They will be aluminium self colour (not painted) and will be going on EBay (when I get round to it) at £85 each or £165 for two plus delivery at £15 (TBC) or free with a pair of doors.
**Please PM me for members' prices**

Fitted a couple of pairs of these over the weekend. They are coming in painted black the same as the doors at the minute and all the slots are now made the same size at 5mm wide.
I had a bit of a trial balancing some weight on the doors and they will happily take 4.5kg and still hold up…just. This was in one place, fairly close to the edge so even distribution will no doubt improve this if need be. Let's face it, they are only really ever going to hold light stuff in easy reach so I'm pretty pleased with 4.5 kg.

Some ideas for straps:-

I made the slots to accept 50mm wide elasticated (or non elasticated) webbing. If a length of webbing is folded over and stitched say 10mm back from the fold all the way across, this loop can be fed through a slot. With a rod of sorts (6mm fibreglass rod for pleated blinds works well) pushed through the loop at the back of the Molle, a whole row of loops can be created like this to hold various items.

Alternately, webbing and buckles can be used around the back of the Molle, in one hole and out the next. Two pieces of webbing can be accommodated by each slot.

Looking forward to seeing what people have done with theirs. :)

Last edited:
Back