Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gullwing

warrenpfo

Guys this is from the SA landcruiser forum but some might be interested. Happy to help out as soon as i land if you are keen to explore further or want the contact details of the chap that is planning to sell them.

John Thomé said:
This easy-to-install side access system for the 80 series has been developed by Johan Oberholzer.

A few quick steps to pop out the existing rear window rubber and glass, store for future use - then install these access panels, with new rubber seals - chop chop. All dimensions very accurate and a really nice fit.

Johan is busy with final costings - which I'm sure will be very reasonable.

If you like this put up your hand. Johan is monitoring this thread and will advise costs etc in due course.

Installation sequence:

[attachment=2]3-IMG-20141113-WA0004.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=4]1-IMG-20141113-WA0001.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]4-IMG-20141113-WA0003.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3]2-IMG-20141113-WA0002.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]5-IMG-20141113-WA0005.jpg[/attachment]

The pictures aren't showing, but I've seen this sort of thing on another 80 and that's something I might be interested in, depending on cost of course.

I too have seen them fitted on another 80, unsure if it is the same manufacturer but I have also seen a complete tailgate made of fibreglass in France, looks totally OE. I had thought about it but prefer the drop down flap as a, it can be used for storage and b, a great seat at the beach watch the rod tips when fishing,.....having said that it makes access to the rear easier and more practical.

regards

Dave

Last edited:
I know someone was developing this system on IH8MUD recently, everyone was very excited until the costs came in... somewhere around 1600USD for a pair if I remember correctly!!!!!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just remembered about this thread, any updates from the guys in South Africa?

Turns out I was wrong about the price of the ones i'd seen before, they're not 1600USD - just a much more reasonable 1430USD! They do look really really nice but that price is crazy...

http://wagongear.com/shop/flip-up-hatch-window/

and that requires the factory glass, if you have the split windows new glass has to be added to the cost.

I have been speaking to the chap in SA and they are around £150 per side. he will do them in checker plate or smooth you need to buy 1 piece window rubbers and your away. they weigh around 5kgs for the pair but he is coming back to me on a final packaged weight. these are solid metal no glass required.

gullwing.jpggullwing2.jpg

Back