Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Handbrake light backwards

RubenA

Country Flag
new_zealand
Very weird but on my 2000 prado TZ the handbrake light is illuminating backwards as in then the hand brake is up/on the light turns of. When the handbrake is off/disengaged the light comes on. I was maybe thinking that the switch could be the culprit but am open to idea. Cheers

That is a good one but could be a few things, but first thing you need to say what you have already done ?

Just checked brake fluid and all that stuff. Going to change the handbrake shoes tomorrow but doubt that has anything to do with it

And this is a new problem because it worked as it should yesterday ?

I am sorry to be negative, but saying " I have checked the fluid and ALL THAT STUFF" does not help so what "stuff" do you mean ? and changing the shoes
will not cause the light to come on when it should be off, and has Shane says has this just happened overnight or have you done any thing to the motor?

Been like that since I’ve owned the vehicle. I’ve checked the switch and it not stuck

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Simple mix up , follow the wires until you find a connection and swap left for right on one end .

RubenA - how long have you had the vehicle? If the light has always been like that in your ownership, it could just be the wrong type of switch in the handbrake lever, swapped out by a previous owner maybe. Check that you get continuity between the switch contacts when the lever is up and no continuity when the lever is down.

Back