Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hannkook DynaPro MT03 vs BF Goodrich all terrains

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
I'm thinking of changing the Hankook DynaPro's for BFG A/T's for this years Morocco trip.

The Hankooks have never let me down but I'm considering changing to something a little less aggressive.

Does anyone have experience of both tyres? If so, which do you prefer?

Recently purchased BFG KO's and extremely happy with them but don't drive off road enough to give a honest opinion. Based on reviews their rated highly & that was based on my decision to get them this time round.

Better advice would be the serious off-roaders here. :)

I run on BFG KO2s on my 120 on road like motorway fast bends they are better than the standard dunlop due to less body roll, due to much stiffer sidewalls ,off road I have only used them on wet grass, gravel road slopes and they are great, fuel wise the same as the dunlops but that might be because I run them at 37 psi as ko2s like higher psi than the standard dunlops I was told . I have noticed they don't look as wide as the standard dunlops which is a shame as I liked the wider look of the dunlops my BFGs are 70s side walls instead of 65s for standard tyres

BFG A/T is the tire for Morocco. Period!:)
1)You don't need MT's for the dessert 2) MT's are literally eaten by the ashpalt in a few thousand kms. etc.
My choise is BFG AT and proven many time the choise is right.
If you want to get in the mud....BFG AT are performing poor.

Thanks Tony and George.

I realise MT tyres are not the best in the sand but I have always found the Hankooks a pretty good all rounder, my current set have done 18,000kms and have only just taken the first 2/3mm of tread off, but I do realise the BFG AT's would certainly out last the Hankooks in mileage.

I'm on my 3rd set of hankook tyres on 3 different vehicles .

Fantastic tyre that's nice and quiet on the road .
One issue is that according too every tyre supplier I've spoken to is that hankook are no longer making the dyna pro . So once stocks run out that's it ..

I've just bought 5 x 285 / 75 / 16 hankook dyna pro rt03 from openeo as no body else had stock .

The only comparison I can make is my old landcruiser had bfg on it and although they had lots of tread the were cracking inside the tread blocks ..
Seems before they wear out the tyre will crack etc

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back