Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Happy Boy!

I miss the basicness (is that a word?) of the UK MOT system, the Spanish MOT procedure recently changed. Brake lights, were any two of three, now all three, and the rear wiper blade condition is now checked.

Good luck with this Steve,

Regards

Dave

I miss the basicness (is that a word?) of the UK MOT system, the Spanish MOT procedure recently changed. Brake lights, were any two of three, now all three, and the rear wiper blade condition is now checked.

Good luck with this Steve,

Regards

Dave

Me too Dave. In the UK you can build you’re own vehicle, get it tested and registered, then it’s your choice whether you have ABS, Disc or drum brakes, and whatever else.

Here, if I changed my rear drum brakes for discs, it would invalidate the registration!

Likewise having anything other that 215/85/16 tyres on it invalidates the registration, just because some idiot typed that tyre size on the registration document.

Getting the tyre size changed would be an unthinkable nightmare, I had enough trouble when Sb1 (the apartment block number as part of my address) was mistyped as 561, they cancelled my registration for that, and it was their bloody error !!!

I don't mind the bureaucratic nature of Spain, it has been like that for years, and it is me that has to adapt if I wish to live here.

My issue is, if a country insists on being the king of bureaucracy then they should be bloody good at it by now!

It is such a mess, going to the town hall for a typical document finds you packing a rucksack and checking your will before you embark on the........dada 'Quest for the sheet of A4'.

You mentioned your address error, residents of an urbanisation just up the road came out one morning to find they had new door numbers! These were fitted alongside their original numbers, as an example 15 such and such road was to become 44, so they are now 1544 such and such road!

No explanation why, no notification to utility suppliers, and it might have been a tad sensible..........to let the post office know!

You couldn't make it up.

Regards

Dave

Last edited:
touch wood, In France, as long as you have a Certificate of Conformity, for the moment you can get away with Mods........but, I can see a day when it becomes like Spain and a visit to DREAL to get the vehicle checked before registration coming :( I hope, not for a long time.....in another 9 years I wont even need an MOT :)

Back