Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Happy Valley - August 29th

Sounds like a nice trip out!

I'll be up for this. I will either leave megaearly on the Sunday or possibly come down Saturday night and just camp somewhere out of the way.

What time and where do you want us all to meet?

I was thinking 10am (or earlier if we wanted to have a quick bacon roll / wait for stragglers)

I'm going for the mega-early option, lots of coffee. Google says around 4.5 hour trip for me :shock:

If you coming from the London area, a meet on the highway somewhere?

edit:

I'm aiming to leave no later than about 4:30/5.
Just found out though ( :oops: ) the Monday is a bank holiday so no rush to get back and my beauty sleep. :dance:

I think we will be leaving that morning too. If so, I reckon we can all meet somewhere and go in convoy :)

sounds good. We'll decide when we know who's coming.

Closer to 5 hours for me!
I don't like driving especially fast on the motorway in the 80 aside from the wind and tyre noise being loud the fuel economy suffers terribly!

If we do go in convoy, I need to be behind someone as slipstreaming bumps up the economy so much.
I often follow the 7.5ton lorries on the motorways which means I get almost 20mpg on a run... Yay.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Other than a truck, there is not much an 80 can slip stream behind. :lol:

Don't think I'll be sprinting up, a nice coast is all.

We might be on for this (en famille) as we are headed back up North after a few days away looking at old rocks buried upright in the ground by some civilisation long dead. And other ancient old things. Plus some zoo things as well.

Chris

Well the 29th is looking like it could be a bumper turn out.

Graham

For anyone going who has not been down Happy Valley before, Gav and I drove it last month and there are pics towards the end of the first post in this thread

Have a great time all ;)

Jim.

For those that are planning on travelling on convoy from London let me know as I would like to join up with good selves.

Thank you

Thanks Jim, you not joining?

BB - closer to the time I'll do a head count and we can see who is coming from where. I assume most will have a CB?

Crispin said:
Thanks Jim, you not joining?
Not sure if I'm going to be able to mate, as much as I'd love to meet the rest of the crowd :( If I happen to be in the area on the day I'll see if there's room for me then.

Hi All,

If there is space available I'd like to come along.

Pretty sure there is space. We create two groups if we must.

If there is still a slot I'm up for that. And for joining the convoy down
Tommo you'd be on our route down if you are up for a tag?

Fellas...

Who's still in then?

Me, TonyP, Tommo.

Greg, SpinDrift, BlackBetty, Graham (Sunday 29th Graham ;) ), James, Kevin, Matt and Ryan (did I miss anyone? :shock: ) - still keen?

If the above is right then we'll have two groups.

Hi Crispin

I'm in.

BTW where will the laning end roughly ... so I can book a b&b or hotel for the sunday night?

ignat said:
Hi Crispin

I'm in.

BTW where will the laning end roughly ... so I can book a b&b or hotel for the sunday night?

Not sure. I'll let you know once I've spoken to Jon.

Back