Happy Valley - August 29th

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Folks,

A much needed trip to Happy Valley is on the cards for the 29th. Jon will provide some pointers on the routes and lanes used. :clap:

Guess the plan is to meet in the morning, drive around, have lunch and then leg it home. :dance:

Head count ?

Hello,

Roughly where is 'Happy Valley'?

Graham

Wales :mrgreen:

Northern Wales, Snowdonia. Long ol' trek for us Londoners... :shock:

Aaahh,
I see Happy Valley is by Aberdovey, just North of Aberystwyth ?
Right Happy Valley, or is there more than 1 ?
And Strata Florida is by Soar-y-Mynydd, Llandridod Wells. ?

Graham

:dance: I'm game!!!! Is there potential to get stuck? :D Can't wait.

Where exactly is "happy valley"? The SWMBO will be coming with so i need to find a B&B for the sunday night. Apparently sleeping in the back of the cruiser in a parking lot doesn't count as a romantic weekend away. :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Good stuff.

Try getting a B&B foryourself and offer up the now emptier 'cruiser for wife? :cool:

Have a look on Youtube - seem to be some nice lanes there. (But we trusted Jon anyway! :mrgreen: )

yes please...... I like the sound of this one :clap: Now just to convince SWMBO that it's important that I partake in this event :violin:

OK, so should we make a list of

1, Definates
2, Probables
3, Maybe's

Graham

I'm probably a definite. Maybe. :lol:

Count me in.

One or more people, depending on numbers, will need to volunteer to lead / navigate ;)

I'm happy to (with the aid of your overlay / gps logs / list of places)

What sort of laning will it be i.e. hardcore bring your 20t winch and digger, or potter about pansy-ville?

Most of us have normal vehicles so I'm not wanting to find hardcore bring-a-big-winch-and-roll-bars lanes. Some hard sections and getting stuck is a must though :cool:

Tommo&Claire said:
I'm happy to lead a group if Crispin will fix my nav system for me! :whistle:

I said I would ;) Any chance you coming past London before then? Worst case, I have a spare PDA I could put MM on.

I say on youtube last night a vintage disco club (disco's circa 2004 :lol: ) They must have had about 12 vehicles in the group. Hoping we don't meet up with them...

i do hate when people do that, 6 vehicles is the max really!

I could drop in next week sometime, bring disks, cables, bits with wires, little memory card things..... i have no idea about any of it but i'm sure you'll have a blast!

Sorry no can do, going to be becoming a new dad at about that time. :dance:
Salisbury would have been OK as its not far from home but North wales might be a bit too far.
Maybe next time, enjoy yourselves

Julian said:
Sorry no can do, going to be becoming a new dad at about that time. :dance:
Salisbury would have been OK as its not far from home but North wales might be a bit too far.
Maybe next time, enjoy yourselves

Dude.... priorities! ;)

How's the centre diff?

Back