Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hard Start 1FE-FZ engine?

Adam B

Country Flag
png
Dear all

I would really appreciate some advice at this juncture.
Crank - No start!! 1FZ - FE petrol. 105 Landcruiser. I have been reading - taking notes on other forums. It did help. I again find myself in a spot of bother, the engine cranks - without starting?
I changed the control box. Last week, found the 20amp, fuel fuse blown. Changed and she started...Hooray!!
I took her for a run. I refueled at PUMA, the petrol was reddish - compared to Mobil!! I thought, nothing of it!! The next morning, I was keen to take her for a longer ride. She cranked - no start - what the? Replaced all fuses for good measure. New filter....nothing!!
I spoke to someone locally, experienced some issues, he mentioned it was the quality in the petrol. He drained tank, filter, cleaned injectors, sparks, she fired.
So, I got under the fuel tank. Drained the fuel. Let sit most of the day. Blew through the fuel lines to check - all good. I suspected maybe, not enough fuel in tank, there is no suction pressure? Undone the fuel hose to confirm suction from fuel tank - nothing? I fitted a new fuel pump 2 weeks ago.
Checked crank sensor wiring - no breaches to wires?
Lost right now. Appreciate some trouble shooting tips.

Did your old fuel pump run when you put 12v to it?
Did you test it or just replace it?
Do you hear the fuel pump run when the ignition is switched on?
Do you get fuel at a disconnected fuel line in the engine bay before the filter?
Do you get fuel from a disconnected hose after the fuel filter.

And Hi, by the way.
Rich

Back