Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Harro! Sweden calling!

Victor

Harro! My name is Victor, 22 years old, and lives in Sweden.

My interest for offroading sprung out in Autumn 2010. I tried once with my to that time daily driver, a stock Toyota Hilux, and i was pretty much hooked. Though since it was my daily at the time i wasn't to fond of taking it out into the woods, so 30th April 2011 i headed up the country and bought me a offroader, a SWB mitsubishi pajero, First gen and the 2.6 litre carb'd petrol.
I kept this one for just over a year, and kept it fairly stock, did me some better bumpers, added winch, bought it with 31" maxxis, wound up the torsion bars, and then some.
But it was pretty thirsty, around 60 liters per 10kms, woods-driving in 4 Lo did get me thinking of something other..

Went on a days 4x4 trip with my bud in his B2600, turboconverted diesel, and from that day i knew i had to have a diesel, always torque. (Plus i get free diesel from my employer :mrgreen: )
So the pajero got out on ad, eventually got her sold, and started looking...
Initially i was open to most makes and models, aslong as it was 4x4, SFA and diesel, that was my requirements. Now, this Lj had been on ad for a while, didnt have a MOT, wasn't roadlegal, and 600kms from my house.
Then i got in tuch with this guy that lived just 15km from the landy which sells/buys landcruiser / landcruiser parts, he offered himself to go check it out, take it through MOt and fix it so i could drive it home.
Said and done, 2 weeks later i was on my way down to the guy to buy my very first Lj70! It wasn't the purdiest one, neither the newest one, but for what i wnt it to do, it will do just fine.

Deal was done and off we go, 600kms home which it did flawlessly, i had it almost floored on the highway at 100km/h for 2 hours straight and it didnt object ONCE.
(Though the engine is pretty weak rolling on 33"s which was with the car, sacking in every hill XD )

Now i am home, and have yet to test it, this Friday though, it's time...

Now, a summary of the car (If i can remember what's been done to it by previous owner xd )

2" lift-kit (OME)
Front abd rear bumper
Painted grey (roller)
Some teeny rock-sliders
33" one pair is pretty much new, other pair is finished (planning on 35"'s)
Warn M8000 (Still had it from the pajero)
Welded rear diff
Rust fixed here and there

Plans:
35"'s (Will they fit with only 2" lift kit?
Leaking oil from rear diff, transfer, and i think the rear seal on the crank, so gotta fix that..
Up the fuel (done ½ turn on the adjuster)
Block the hose to the wastegate for it not to open (Turbo boosts 0.8 and will adjust after how much fuel i give it.)
Snorkel
Diff-breathers lenghtend

That's all i can think of now though, so here's a couple of pics instead!

7480629142_ccc76a5bb7_z.jpg
20120701_180704[1] by Vc1r, on Flickr

7480623378_b1641d38c7_z.jpg
20120701_180747[1] by Vc1r, on Flickr

7480626150_e123ddb301_z.jpg
20120701_180728[1] by Vc1r, on Flickr

The pajero i had:
7358679048_16009dc995_z.jpg
IMG_20120525_160048 by Vc1r, on Flickr

Hi Victor, welcome to the forum, good write up and nice pictures.
:clap:

Hi Victor, welcome to the club. :thumbup:

congratulations on your purchase, looks smart. :clap:

what 35"s are you thinking of fitting?

a lot of 35" tyres dont actually measure 35". :thumbdown:

i prefer the rear side windows on your truck. i think they look better being one fixed piece of glass. :think:

think i might convert mine one day. :)

Welcome Victor, nice looking LC

Back