Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Have I Discovered the Most Random Undocumented 'Feature' Ever?

stuzbot

I've never used my truck's stereo because there's no aerial, so no radio signal. And the only other source is a USB socket which I'd never got round to sticking a USB stick into.

Until yesterday...

I formatted an old USB stick I found in a drawer and stuck a couple of MP3 albums on. Then tried it in the stereo...

20211009_134123wee.jpg

After a brief "USB LOAD" message, which was gone before I could snap it, I got this...

20211009_134136wee.jpg

Which, unless I'm much mistaken is showing me the charge state of my Cruiser's battery/ies.

So, how's that for a completely random function. Want to know if your truck's battery/ies are charged? Stick a USB stick in the stereo!

Yes. Still got it. We moved house last week, to the middle of nowhere in Northumberland. No intarwebs til next week and can only get a weak phone signal if I go and stand outside. So I'm a bit off-radar for a bit.

The Collie loves the winding roads and forest tracks round here and, bringing it up here, pulled 90mph up Shap Fell, with a ton of stuff in the back, so effortlessly, I thought I was doing about 50, til I glanced down at the speedo.

Great wagon. I just need to find a rust free one!

Another good thing about moving to the back of beyond is that, instead of tutting at you for raping the planet, as happens when you own a big 4x4 in the city, people here say things like "You'll need that, come winter!" and "You'll want some bigger tyres on that, when the snow comes!"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've not got a workshop. But there's an old dilapidated stone lean-to shed opposite full of the previous tenant's junk, that I've got my eye on. Though it'll need a lot of cleaning out, roof mending, windows glazing and doors putting on.

It's only wee. So couldn't get the wagon into it. But at least it would give me somewhere, out of the rain, to work on bits I've taken off.

One good thing is, I'm no longer restricted to a single designated parking space, which opens up the potential to have a daily driver and a 'doer upper'

Another good thing about moving to the back of beyond is that, instead of tutting at you for raping the planet, as happens when you own a big 4x4 in the city, people here say things like "You'll need that, come winter!" and "You'll want some bigger tyres on that, when the snow comes!"
lol.
welcome to the countryside.
if folk cant see smoke coming out of the tail pipe round here they think your having a nap or have broke down..

Back