Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hazard lights switch bulb

Jureb

I am looking for a bulb for hazard lights switch. I would prefer a halogen one because I'm worried LED would be too bright. What is this type of bulb called? Does somebody have an oem number? It sure is small.

Attachments

• 20230307_233314.jpg
    20230307_233314.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 16
I've done it on several of my bulbs, just unwind the wires on the old bulb, pull it out (doesn't matter if it breaks) put the new 286 bulb in and fold the wires around the pegs, job done. Beats the price of the ready-made ones.

Thank you @MODVRS for giving me the idea on these bulbs. I've done a little research:
- 286 bulbs are used for the clock, ashtray, heater control knobs illumination and possibly for other stuff too. They're the biggest: 18mm in length and 7.5mm diameter. These are the easiest to buy and change as you just pull them out from the base and replace.

- T1.25 bulbs are used for A/C button, rear window heater button, rear heater button, RPM increase button illumination and most likely for something else. They're a bit smaller: 10-12mm in length, 4.2mm diameter. They come with longer leads so you can insert them in your old base and wind the leads in those little slots. When they're in a base they're called T4.2 bulbs. I've no idea what Toyota calls them but they're probably 15€ each.
L14-12/40 BRIGHTMASTER - Filament lamp: miniature | 12VDC; 40mA; Bulb: T1 1/4; Ø: 4.2mm | TME - Electronic components - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

- T1 bulbs are used for rear fog light button, electric antenna button, hazard lights switch button illumination and I imagine for other stuff too. They're the smallest: 7-8mm in length, 3-3.15mm diameter. They come with longer leads so you can insert them in your old base and wind the leads. When they're in a base they're called T3 bulbs - Toyota dealership are charging 13€ for these in my country :).
L16-12/60 BRIGHTMASTER - Filament lamp: miniature | 12VDC; 60mA; Bulb: T1; Ø: 3.15mm; L: 7mm | TME - Electronic components - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

I don't know which bulbs are used for cluster illumination because I haven't taken it apart yet, bulbs still work.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for that. I've learned something there. My bulbs were in the cluster and some other switches but not had to do the hazard light switch yet.

I got my replacement bulbs I mentioned up there and replaced the old ones in these various plastic bulb holders. Now my dash buttons light up like christmas tree. I'm very happy with results.

Back